1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Most Romantic Movies of All Time?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Cindy, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't see all of Titanic. I avoided it at all costs and on purpose. I did see about 15 minutes once at my mother's house.

The whole concept was stupid and most non-romantic. :mad:

I felt from watching the previews and reading the reviews and seeing the little bit that I did see that I would gain much more gratification and stimulation watching paint dry and chewing broken glass. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Peace-

YSIC
    Scarlett O.
    <><

2. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But how did you REALLY feel about the movie, Scarlett? :D

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Did anyone see Captain Corelli's Mandolin? It was so good. I really liked it.

4. pdp27

pdp27 New Member

Posted by MultiMom
    The leads in it were Sandra Bullock and Harry Connick, Jr. I saw it as well and thought it was a pretty good movie. I think Sandra Bullock is on of the most charming actresses of this era.

I almost hate to say this because the movie has terrible doctrine in it. But, I have to admit that I like Keeping the Faith with Ben Stiller, Ed Norton(who my wife continues to refer to as Ken Norton, the boxer), and Jenna Elfman. I am not a huge fan of Jenna Elfman, but in this movie she really shines.

Even though I am a guy, I do admit to watching and enjoying Romantic Comedies. However, the only movie I claim to have cried at is American Tail, and I was like 11.

Finally, although I haven't seen it, I have heard nothing but good things about About a Boy with Hugh Grant.

Paul

5. UncleRay

UncleRay New Member

OK here is the best Romantic movie of all time (Guy Type Romance):

JEREMIAH JOHNSON, Robt. Redford.

Yes this mountain man finds romance with a beautiful Indian girl. And she can't speak English. No nagging. No matter what she says he just "assumes" what she is saying. Oh. I think we guys already do that even when our wives do speak English.

Great scenery. Don't have to go to the office. And yes lots of shooting and fighting and buddy bonding.

Five stars. *****

2. Now the lastest in the Romance movies I've seen.
    UNTAMED HEART. Shameless Kleenex and violins type. I had not heard of it until late night TV. The reviews pan it but MARISA TOMEI. Well she is enough. My wife sobbed a bit. I just went to the kitchen for a snack. Pretty good flick.

Gee Marisa, why are you being rejected by all those other loser guys. Here I am. Even George on Seinfeld loved Marisa.

3. THE WAY WE WERE is the all time favorite of my wife and three daughters. The girls got hooked watching with my wife while they were in early years of grade school. I can take it once every five or ten years.

Guess I'm just another hopeless Romantic. Some may think only hopeless.

Uncle Ray

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

UncleRay, Jeremiah Johnson would be on my list of all time favorite movies.