1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Muslim Brotherhood: The Future of Egypt?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jedi Knight, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I the Muslim Brotherhood the future of Egypt? Probably not.

3. targus

targus New Member

Why "probably not"?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see this being a late 1970's Iranian style religious based uprising.

5. targus

targus New Member

What the people in the streets want and what they get will no doubt be two different things.

Do you think that the "students" in Iran in the 70's wanted what they ended up getting?

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is Possible...

...that the entire mid-East will soon be under some form of radical Muslim government. Even Iraq will succumb to the pressure in order to stop the terrorist bombings. Look at Viet Nam...more than 50,000 American GI's died and all we did was cleared the thick forests for the communists to have an easier path to the south.

Any one who does not think the mid-East will eventually be under Muslim rule has their head in the sand.

Israel will have to stand alone in the final days, and this is prophesy in action. Jordan, and Syria are in the crosshairs of some form of radical Muslim take over!

And when it comes to Israel needing help, there will be no one brave enough to go against the radicals, for fear of offending the Muslims living within their nations. This includes America.

Sorry, but, I don't see a democracy coming forth in Eygpt.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

Do you see democracy arriving in the US? The dictatorship of the 51%?

8. davidmore70

davidmore70 New Member

Five dollars on Mubarak staying in power and this being a failed revolution like Iran. Who's in?

9. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Pray not... Is all the liberals that have been calling America a democracy since the 1960s that have caused many of our problems here and abroad.

10. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

But, is Delay Possible?

The question on my mind is, is can we plead with God for more time?

That is, is the church age a parenthetical clause in Bible Prophecy or is the church age a fixed, as in Edict of God, time.

Can Christians make a difference by praying for moderates to win out?

Or, do we just roll over and let it happen while sitting on our hands?

What think you all?

11. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I think that we would be foolish to not carry our prayers concerning these world events to God, even if He has everything on His timetable (which I would presume is the case). We're called to carry all things to the Lord in prayer, even if His answer is not ours. We're also called to agree with His divine will, even when He convicts us, convinces us, or even disciplines us, but some have problems in letting God be God in that regard.

We HAVE made a difference in the past, but I see our ability to make a difference evaporating, which leads me to believe that this is God's ordained time to start the events leading to the end times. He's been at it for about 50 years in earnest -- rearranging the world powers, re-starting the Roman government (in a sense via the EU), building up the key players in end time events and shutting down others who are not mentioned in Scripture (like us).

Nothing is by accident, even though we, living through all this stuff day-by-day, think that it is. Our vantage point as humans is always skewed. By way of example I often think about Jesus walking our earth. Looking back, we say, "duh... why did they have such a hard time getting it..." but for the people living the experience, it seemed much like our current world re-arrangement. Just "stuff" happening, seemingly at random.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No the students of Iran did not want what came. What do you know about the culture of Eygpt? Have you ever studied it, or taken a trip there to observe?

13. SpiritualMadMan

All the research I have heard indicates that the vast majority of Egyptians are Muslim and would not "balk" at a reurn to Sharia based law...

Now, that is scary...

14. billwald

billwald New Member

>The question on my mind is, is can we plead with God for more time?

WHY? You don't want to get raptured?

15. billwald

billwald New Member

>All the research I have heard indicates that the vast majority of Egyptians are Muslim and would not "balk" at a reurn to Sharia based law...

>Now, that is scary...

Scarier than Christian Reconstructionists imposing Levitical Law in the entire world?

16. targus

targus New Member

No particular knowledge of the culture - never been there - never studied it.

Not sure what that would add to our understanding of the events taking place there.

I doubt that anyone can tell us who will end up in power or what their agenda will be regardless of what some think that they know.

What's your guess?

17. SpiritualMadMan

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

And, niether am I...

I am willing to wait for His Coming, if it means that people will repent, get Saved and enter the Kingdom.

18. SpiritualMadMan

I haven't heard of any *TRUE CHRISTIAN* desiring a return to Levitical Law.

Please provide a link to a respectable news source showing this to have happened.

Trust me I will join any group that rejects and resists any desiring to make the US a Theocracy whether Christian or otherwise...

#18 SpiritualMadMan, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011
  19. billwald

billwald New Member

>I haven't heard of any *TRUE CHRISTIAN* desiring a return to Levitical Law.

How do you define "True Christian?" You exclude anyone who thinks the OT applies to Christians? You a hyper dispensationalist who thinks the True Church began with St Paul?

20. SpiritualMadMan

[​IMG]