1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Mustard Seed

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by davidoregonJr, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Word of God in its fullest revelation is Jesus Christ. The bible is the word of God.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You are splitting hairs.. The Bible is the recorded and preserved words that God inspired, which is known as "The Word of God".. It encapsulates all that God desires us to know, to this time, aside from His personal interactions with us. Some was written to us, and some was written about us, but all of it was written for us, concerning Jesus Christ, between his eternity past, and His eternity future...

But it is a collection of paper upon which words are printed.. If that is what you see, that is what it is.. I see it as the "Word of God", the most precious possession I have..

3. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You've made the same distinction as I have when you say
    Thus making the same statement. Jesus Christ is the fullest revelation of the Word of God. The bible is not the fullest revelation of God, but it never the less is the word of God.

4. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

Did the Spirit of Truth teach this to you?

5. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

6. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Word the question exactly by what you mean. Is the bible the fullest revelation of the Word of God? Nay. Jesus Christ is. Is the bible fully the word of God? Yea.

7. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since you like King James English I will say Forsooth!

8. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

You made this statement as Truth to me.

I asked you;

Did the Spirit of Truth teach this to you?

YES OR NO?

9. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did say forsooth. Not liking that I said forsooth. I will state it this way: Yes. However, with this caveat: watch the capitalization of words. And for a better understanding of what I mean I had also said

#49 Thinkingstuff, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
  10. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

I have nothing more to say to you on this matter at this point in time.

The Lord bless you with a 1000 times more as much as you have now in your life.

amen

11. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You know, DavidoregonJr: 30 years ago I was in a commune in our area figuring out how many and what size wood stoves to sell some folks.. The whole commune had been very recently heavily injected with the word of God, through one couple having gotten saved.. The new found joy in redemption washed over that entire commune, but by the time I got there, they were debating pointless words, ideas and theologies, KJ v. NAS, NKJ, etc, and missing out on the joy of the Lord.. Eventually a small group of Christians took them on, and there were quite a few more saved and a vibrant ministry begun. I haven't thought about that or even heard of that ministry in years, till this thread brought it to mind. Your postings on this thread reminded me of those truly wonderful times. If you are a new believer, relax, and get with some serious Bible students, and there are usually some in every church, and enjoy the joy that is yours in Christ. Don't major in minors..

#51 hillclimber1, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
  12. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't know what to say. Save that your blessing has and admonishing feel to it. As you slowly increased the number of times of your blessing to Doubting Thomas when he disagreed with you. You did mine with a much greater amount. Does that suggest I need an admonishment 1,000 more than that of others? However, I will give you this passage for consideration about the word of God.

13. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

The Lord bless you with what you have now in your life...without measure and without depth and without no ending.

amen

Thank you my awesome God.
    amen

14. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

This temptation was easy to overcome.

15. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

My work here is done.

Unless the Lord tells me otherwise.

Good bye

The Lord is God.

amen

16. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.

Your word have I laid up in my heart, that I might not sin against You

Every word of God is tried and purified; He is a shield to those who trust and take refuge in Him

For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life and spirit, and of joints and marrow, exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.

Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Your law

Every Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, for training in righteousness.

Sky and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path

But be doers of the Word and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves

17. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

The Lord bless you a 1000 times more as much as you have in your life now.
    amen

18. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

And it came to pass, as they sat at the table, that the word of the LORD came unto the prophet that brought him back:

And he cried unto the man of God that came from Judah, saying, Thus saith the LORD, Forasmuch as thou hast disobeyed the mouth of the LORD, and hast not kept the commandment which the LORD thy God commanded thee,

19. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    37 The prophet found another man and said, “Strike me, please.” So the man struck him and wounded him.

23 When the man of God had finished eating and drinking, the prophet who had brought him back saddled his donkey for him. 24 As he went on his way, a lion met him on the road and killed him, and his body was left lying on the road, with both the donkey and the lion standing beside it. 25 Some people who passed by saw the body lying there, with the lion standing beside the body, and they went and reported it in the city where the old prophet lived.

26 When the prophet who had brought him back from his journey heard of it, he said, “It is the man of God who defied the word of the LORD. The LORD has given him over to the lion, which has mauled him and killed him, as the word of the LORD had warned him.”

20. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

the LORD is GOD.

amen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.