1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Myth of Russian Aggression

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Aug 9, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

August 3, 2014 (Tony Cartalucci - NEO) - The term "Russian aggression" has been inundating headlines across the Western media and even graces the title of a US Senate bill introduce this year - S.2277 - Russian Aggression Prevention Act of 2014. But what "aggression" is the West referring to? A cursory look at Russian history over the past 500 years compared to say, Britain, France, or even America and its "Manifest Destiny," portrays Russia as a nation preoccupied within and along its borders, not in hegemonic, global expansion. The idea of far-flung former colonies is one unique to the British, French, Dutch, and Spanish. Even today geopolitical, socioeconomic, and even outright military intervention in these former colonies is exclusively the pursuit of the United States and Europe.

The United States alone has hundreds of military bases around the world, has been permanently occupying Germany and Japan for a half century, Afghanistan for over a decade, and had invaded and occupied Iraq for nearly as long.

"Russian Aggression" is a Marketing Gimmick

Read More At: http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-myth-of-russian-aggression.html

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

If you believe Russian aggression it is a myth then you are delusional!

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Russian propaganda decrying western propaganda...

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some people have never heard of the Iron Curtain.

Actually, you will recall that in September 1939 Nazi Germany and Communist Russia ate at the same trough--that is they divided Poland up between themselves. The Russians had a pact with Hitler until Hitler invaded Russia.

5. OldRegular

Yes and for a time the Communists and Nazi in this country kissed and made up!

Of course Hitler made some of the same mistakes that Napoleon did.

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they had a non-aggression pact. Napoleon's invasion of Russia was idiotic and Hitler's was, too.

Other examples of Russian aggression are the Baltic states and Finland. Russia also had wars with Japan. To say that Russia can be trusted is foolish.

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No legitimate news agency is reporting this. Smoke and mirrors friends.

8. OldRegular

Russia, then the Soviet Empire, still occupies some of the islands they seized from Japan at the end of WWII.

http://russiamil.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/the-southern-kuril-islands-dispute/

A little Communist propaganda:

9. OldRegular

Russia can be trusted when pigs fly!

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So it's been Russia that has been encircling us with missile bases and destabilizing bordering countries?

Huh, all the evidence says Washington and NATO has been doing that to Russia.

You guys let your paranoia and hatred blind you to the evidence you don't care to see. And you're doing it to all our detriment.

Sometimes I wonder if you all care what happens to the next generation. It doesn't sound it.

#10 poncho, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What is a a "legitimate" news agency?

One that only reports what you want to hear?

Look at how fast all of you passed a guilty verdict on the "Russian separatists" without an ounce of proof and only the words of proven liars to go by.

And you still have no proof to back up your guilty verdict! So much for your objectivity and sound judgments eh?

So after putting on a show like that for everyone who are you to judge what is "legitimate" and what it not? You guys all operate on fear, hatred and paranoia not evidence.

And to think I'm the one who gets called a "conspiracy theorist". Buddy, when it comes to spinning "conspiracy theories" I can't hold a candle to you all. :rolleyes:

#11 poncho, Aug 11, 2014
  12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Obama is doing the right thing?

13. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The international press, the media that self-polices and accurately abides by journalistic ethics. Journalists who honestly report the truth in free societies. Then you go and watch or read varying news accounts from dozens of sources and see that they are independently reporting the same facts.

The challenge with the foolish and entirely biased micro-blogs you keep posting is that they a) don't travel to the scenes of these incidents, b) blog out of their basement with no attachment to reality, c) have as their audience a highly homogenized market for their news, d) are regularly shown to be in error, e) when caught they never offer apologies just some flippant excuse, and so many more.

We live in a day and age were open, accurate reporting is more available than ever before. The internet has provided a grand basis for reporting that is both accurate and something we can fact-check. These delusional conspiracy theorist site and promoters are continually shown to be in error and never have any first hand accounts. Rather, they leverage the fear tactics that are a necessary part of their ill gotten rhetoric and appeal to our lowest sensibilities.

The burden of proof is on you to show how the collective reporting of international news agencies from dozens of different countries who have zero affiliation with each are wrong. It isn't paranoia and hatred, it is a call to accurately and responsibly report the facts.

Keep telling yourself that man, its a hard story to peddle and it takes lots of convincing to get people to on your side. So I guess a little "persecution complex" is about normal for folks who believe your normal course of foolishness.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You got that proof to back your guilty verdict yet?

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you ever answer a question--is Obama doing the right thing, according to Gov. Johnson or the people who want to end the embargo of Russian-military based Cuba?

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And yet each one "my sources" use your "legitimate" news agencies by sourcing them in their own reports extensively.

Talk about flinging foolishness without thinking. Here you are telling me my sources are "illegitimate" when they all use your "legitimate" sources extensively in their reports. :laugh:

I don't know maybe you should try engaging your brain before shooting off your mouth more often, no?

You got that proof to back your guilty verdict yet? I've only been asking for it for a month now. So, where is it?

#17 poncho, Aug 11, 2014
  18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

CMG., looks like you got time to kill - actually, I am doing something very productive - actually two things, watching paint dry and grass grow.

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh, well, it's my day off. Tomorrow I go to the senior center for a birthday party for another member and I worked about 20 hours over the weekend so I am just drinking coffee. We had a lot of rain yesterday so I suppose the grass is growing--the poor neighbor has had 25 geese in his front yard snacking on something from one of his trees. If I had any energy, I could go to the Indiana State Fair. GenCon will be in town this weekend so there will be a lot of people downtown dressed as Star Trek characters: http://gencon.com/

20. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your "legitimate news sources" in your OP consists of the New Eastern Outlook, a Russian government sponsored think tank that dates back to the USSR, and The Guardian, a far left-leaning British daily newspaper (citation used from the Guardian in OP is from 2004).

[​IMG]