1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The nature of God's Kingdom

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Jan 4, 2016.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Just cool it Mr. Icon.
    1. You just have accused me of being "spiritually discerned," inferring that I am unsaved.
    2. You state, unashamedly that Rahab the harlot understands more theology than I do.
    3. Your post is entirely carnal and sarcastic.
    Are you unable to intelligently discuss anything?
    Why not simply give an answer to the original post that I gave you??

2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

She definitely got converted! Are people really looking for a red heifer still, or was that just for fun?

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your post is off topic from the op.
    Read what I said. These truths are spiritually discerned, you mock and call it spiritualization.
    You can start a thread on your idea.. I was just starting to develop this and work through this material. You are not interested are you?
    This thread is focused on what is the reality of the Kingdom and how it is to rule over all nations, what laws are to be in place as the Kingdom spreads as Mt 28 is being fulfilled.

#23 Iconoclast, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think they still are...but I lost track as to what wild speculation is going on....maybe I need to check with Jack van Impe ....lol.
    I am glancing at this book among others. I do not know how solid it is....but I am not afraid to take a look and see what's solid and what's not.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Internet Theologian

Well I believe the the saints are translated into the kingdom now, but it is not in its consummated fullness, but nonetheless we have Col. 1:13, 14. I see the similarities of subjects of the kingdom illustrated in the parables of Matthew 13. Both the wheat and tares are both growing together now, then comes the harvest. Also the parable of the sower, how the sheep react to the Gospel, and those false converts as well. We see this taking place today, and many are guaranteeing the ones who were of the representation of the seed sown among the path, of rocky ground, of that sown among thorns as converted but such is not the case.

6. Internet Theologian

Isn't this the same one who says relentlessly that 'you (we/Calvinists/Reformed/DoG folks) don't understand the gospel, Scripture, truth' and all that? I believe it is the same accusation, but I don't see it as questioning salvation. Hopefully he will set an example from here on. :)

Scripture says that He has all power and authority given to Him in heaven and on earth. I happen to believe that. Other passages concerning Satan need to be interpreted in light of this and His Sovereignty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Internet Theologian

Jack Van Impe, haven't heard him in years since back in my dispy days! Gotta say one thing he and Rexella were zealous of their belief system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    On pg 61,
    The modern church has all but ignored the doctrine of the ascension of Christ.
    The church has been empowered for world dominion by the Holy Spirit.
    The world will be progressively transformed through the work of the Holy Spirit on the hearts of individuals, and also
    Through the efforts of His people to proclaim biblical law and obey it in history.

Those who deny this- and millions of Christians do deny it,are simply unimpressed by the power of the Holy Spirit and the efficacy of biblical law.

They believe that Satan,acting through the hearts and actions of covenantally rebellious people,possesses far more power in history than God exercises through His Spirit empowered people.

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I once traveled into another state to hear him teach....lol

10. Internet Theologian

That's the postmillenial view. Which book is that from?

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is not your call to make. You are not God. Or do you put yourself in God's place--Mr. Pope Icon, I presume?? To decide who is "spiritually discerned" and who is not is not your decision oh almighty one!
    The topic of your thread:
    The nature of God's Kingdom
    What is the kingdom? I defined three kingdoms, according to the context of the passage that each is used. They all belong or belonged to God. I can offer you some more--those that belong to Satan and those that belong to man. But your topic says God's Kingdom so I offered three separate definitions that the Bible gives of God's Kingdom, and asked you to be specific. There was no mockery.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

You are simply making unfounded assumptions that cannot be proved. God's Kingdom is yet to come. Man's duty is to spread the gospel, and when he comes he will set up his kingdom.

He said very plainly that he was not setting up his kingdom when he was alive, and in Acts one, that the disciples shouldn't be concerned about it then. In Mark 8 he says:

Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
    --That hasn't happened yet. He has yet to come in the glory of the Father with the holy angels, and when he does he will set up his Kingdom.

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christian Reconstruction. ....what it is, what it isn't.
    Gary North, Gary DeMar.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Internet Theologian

Seriously? Why minimize the Scriptures bearing her testimony of God and who He is? She's glorifying the LORD and you're abating the whole thing. It is obvious she is speaking of His reign, as it is the LORD YHWH, Preincarnate Christ she is speaking of here!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Much of modern evangelical Christianity believes that Christ 's Kingdom cannot and will not come until He returns
    Physically to reign over saints and sinners during a thousand year future period.
    This is not what HE said about the arrival of HIS Kingdom;
    It is already here.
    But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the Kingdom of God is come unto you. Mt 12:28.
    The Kingdom came not in its historic fullness, but it came judicially. (By law)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It does not fit his dispensationalism so he cannot think about it that way.
    He is not capable of this kind of overview.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your presumptuous boast seems to be a bit silly. Have you even studied the verse.
    Here is what Keil and Deilitzsch have said concerning her testimony in this verse:

“For Jehovah your God is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath.” To this confession of faith, to which the Israelites were to be brought through the miraculous help of the Lord (Deu_4:39), Rahab also attained; although her confession of faith remained so far behind the faith which Moses at that time demanded of Israel, that she only discerned in Jehovah a Deity (Elohim) in heaven and upon earth, and therefore had not yet got rid of her polytheism altogether, however close she had come to a true and full confession of the Lord. But these miracles of divine omnipotence which led the heart of this sinner with its susceptibility for religious truth to true faith, and thus became to her a savour of life unto life, produced nothing but hardness in the unbelieving hearts of the rest of the Canaanites, so that they could not escape the judgment of death.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And it did. But they rejected it. That Kingdom that was offered to the Jews will still come. The Jewish nation will still turn to Christ as their Messiah. It isn't over yet.
    The only kingdom that is reigning on this earth is Satan's kingdom. Even Jesus did not refute that fact when he was being tempted or tested by Satan.

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The elect remnant welcomed the Kingdom rule.
    Satan was defeated at the cross.
    I am under the reign of King Jesus.
    Sorry you confess that you are under Satan's reign..
    Jesus bound the strongman.
    The gospel is used not only to spread salvation, but the Kingdom reign from sea to sea
    Satan did try to get Jesus to not do the Father's will by going to the cross, but satan was defeated by the Word of God as recorded in lk 4 and then at the cross.

#38 Iconoclast, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love how the argument has changed from Satan offered his kingdom to Jesus in the Temptation to Jesus didn't refute Satan's right to give Him the kingdom, totally missing that Jesus did refute Satan by telling him to Worship God alone. Jesus was not going to get Himself side tracked on arguing semantics with the Devil. He got to the heart of the issue which was who is owed worship, and that belongs to God alone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Jews in mass rejected Jesus.....they are in hell now.
    Their rejection resulted in the Kingdom being taken from them and given to the Holy Nation......The Church, ...
    Notice Jesus said. ..it. is taken from you, and GIVEN...taken and given.....that has happened already.