1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Necessity of Special Creation

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by standingfirminChrist, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standingfirminChrist

It is more than conjecture. Contrary to what some may think Job is more than figures of speech and imagery.

Had Christ been born of a woman, of her ovum, He would have been born unclean according to the Word of God.

That my friend, is not conjecture. It is truth.

2. standingfirminChrist

According to the Greek, conceived in Matthew 1:20 means beget or begotten.

Why do you have such a hard time accepting the truth?

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

According to the Greek there is more than one meaning of the word. Why are you having a hard time accepting this fact and then making total nonsense out its interpretation causing Christ to be born twice nine monts apart from each other. Doesn't make much sense does it?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is just as much conjecture as you being continual trouble to your wife. She might as well kick you out of the house because you are so much trouble. That is what Job is saying in the same chapter if taken literally like you are doing.

5. standingfirminChrist

Here are all the definitions of the word 'conceived' for Matthew 1:20

1) of men who fathered children
    a) to be born
    b) to be begotten
    1) of women giving birth to children
    2) metaph.
    a) to engender, cause to arise, excite
    b) in a Jewish sense, of one who brings others over to his way of life, to convert someone
    c) of God making Christ his son
    d) of God making men his sons through faith in Christ's work

When spoken of women, it is speaking of the actual birth process, not the receiving of the male sperm cell.

Morrish Bible Dictionary
    Begotten
    1. From ?e????, 'to beget.' This word is used:

a, for the natural generation of mankind, as in Matt. 1.

b, for the, spiritual generation of the Christian. Paul wrote to the Corinthians, "In Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel," 1 Cor. 4. 15; and of Onesimus he says, "whom I have begotten in my bonds," Phm 1:10 signifying that he had been the means of their conversion; for the Christian is begotten of God. 1Jo 5:18; 1Pe 1:3.

d, ยต????e???, a name of peculiar affection for the Lord Jesus in His eternal Sonship as existing before He came into the world, and referred to as the only begotten Son, the only begotten of the Father. Joh 1:14,18; 3:16,18. It is here used as the equivalent of a Hebrew word (yachid) which signifies 'only one,' and hence 'darling,' Ge 22:2; Ps 22:20; 35:17, etc.

2. p??t?t????, applied to the Lord Jesus as 'the first-begotten,' or rather 'the firstborn' as marking His supremacy above all. The angels were called to worship Him when He was brought into the world, Heb 1:6; and He is said to be the firstborn from among the dead. Re 1:5.

conceived in Matthew 1:20 means begotten.

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I believe it refers to Jesus Christ, not the ovum.

And on this note, since no one is playing nice, and the thread has reached 20 pages, I will keep my word and close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.