1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Need for the Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Jordan Kurecki, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 9:31 KJV
    [31] Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, **and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost**, were multiplied.

The Lord has been bringing thoughts of the Holy Spirit to my mind lately, it's becoming apparent to me that the Holy Spirit is more than a doctrine, he is a living person, he is a reality in the Christian life. I was amazed at when Thomas told Jesus "Lord show us the Fat...her" and Jesus said "have I been so long time with you and yet has thou not known me Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father".

I can remember times if my life wondering where God was, I can remember times where I begged God to show himself to me. I can remember times telling God I just want to be with him. But it's as if the Holy Spirit said to me today:

"Jordan, have I been so long time with you and yet hast thou not known me? He that hath experienced me, hath experienced Christ and the Father."

The Holy Spirit is a great gift in the Christian life, Lord teach me to walk in the comfort of the Holy Ghost.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    bump, we all need this reminder.