1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The new guidelines require trustees to "refrain from public criticism"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Mar 23, 2006.

1. shannonL

shannonL New Member

I think Mr. Burleson is right.
    If they can put disparaging remarks in a public paper but not the document that supposedly induced the remarks then evidently some folk don't want that document to be made public because it would either discredit them or what they are saying is contained in the document doesn't exist.
    What is done is done. Bring it out into the open.Like my ole daddy used to say and still does. "The truth will stand when the world falls"
    He also used to say "the proof is in the puddin"

Well if Mr. Burelson is wrong then "put up or shut up".

RSR, Alot of young SBC men are already leaving or at least they have left the SBC in their heart.
    Some of it is the SBC's fault in the fact that they didn't teach baptist distinctives strong enough in their schools.
    Also, for the sake of becoming bigger and bigger "suposedly" as a denom. The SBC has let just about any and everykind of church call itself SB.
    I guess therer could be a variety of reasons?
    Again the proof is in the pudding. Some of your larger churches in the SBC that are pastored by younger SB men only give peanuts to the CP.
    The IMB can't even send out new missionaries because they don't have the money. This is because these new mega churches are either doing their own thing missionswise or else they are so self centered they just throw a little money towards missions to appease their concscience.

My dad is involved in a new church plant. The fellow who is the C.planter and pastor had his seminary degree and undergrad paid for by CP giving. Well he had it cut in half because of CP giving.
    Well his new church is going to be non-denom.
    There is just one example. CP helped him but he is not helping CP giving etc.... Not saying that is wrong or not I'm just saying that is one way that younger guys are doing it etc...
    Also, SB seminaries are full of folk who join a SBC church a few mos. before their first semester of seminary so they can get a CP break on tuition. That "ain't" right. Yet it is common place.
    I'm no longer in SBC circles. Probably won't be in the future. I can tell you this though. The SBC has always claimed that it was their love of missions that has kept the denom. together through the good and bad.
    Well,missions giving has been leveling off for awhile now. Either too much is going to fund "pork" and some things should be downsized. OR it is my opinion that the real cause is that the American SB church has become self absorbed, spending too much money on trying to entertain Johnny Christian here in the states. We have churches that look like the Taj mahal and yet for some reason the IMB can't get new missionaries to the field for lack of funds. Things that make you go Hummmmm?