1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The New Testament is only about God’s elect

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Aug 18, 2013.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Holy Spirit has told me that it has nothing to do with losing salvation. Does that mean, by your definition, you are bias?!

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You have invented this third type purely out of your own imagination. Think about it! The elect are "chosen TO salvation THROUGH sanctification of the Spirit" (2 Thes. 2:13). Choice/election precedes salvation as cause precedes consequence "chosen TO salvation." Hence, election is to salvation and if the third category you speak of is "born again" then it is due to election "TO salvation." However, you have salvation occuring due to some other cause in addition to being "chosen" (elected). You have a category of BC that were not "chosen TO salvation" but obtained salvation outside and apart from being chosen by God "TO salvation." Hence, you have ANOTHER WAY "TO salvation" apart from being "CHOSEN to salvation." You have two different WAYS to be saved when the Bible only has ONE WAY. God's way is stated in this precise order (1) chosen from the beginning to salvation (2) through sanctification (3) AND belief of the truth. HOwever, your imagination demands another way that omits the first two (1 & 2) and yet arrives at (3) for some you call BAC.

Furthermore, note the words "THROUGH sanctification AND belief of the truth."

One cannot be "born again" apart from either and neither is possible unless one is first "chosen TO salvation" as "chosen to salvation" stands as the primary cause where as "throguh sanctification AND belief of the truth" TOGETHER are presented as SECONDARY causes of savlation and thus consequential causes to having first been "chosen TO salvation" as this choice occurred "before the world" (Eph. 1:4) but sanctification and belief of the truth occurs in the actual time between your birth and death. You did not believe the truth "before the world" began but you were "chosen TO salvation" or "chosen IN CHRIST" before world began as there is no salvation OUTSIDE of Christ at any time. This cause and consequence relationship should be obvious as "chosen" is placed PRIOR TO ("from the beginning") either "sanctification and beleif of the truth" and must be as the latter occur IN THE LIFE of the elect while the former occurs from the foundation of the world. Hence, it is not possible to reverse the order given neither is it logical.

Moreover, 'sanctification of the Spirit" merely means "SETTING APART BY THE SPIRIT" and that PRECEDES "belief of the truth" but continues until glorification when it is actually completed.

However, your imaginative doctrine demands that obtaining salvation occurs apart from being chosen TO salvation. Your imaginative doctrine demads one can be born again by "belief of the truth" without either being "chosen TO salvation THROUGH sanctification."

The reality is that you are confused and the precise point of your confusion is that you refuse to acknowledge that ALL who turn against Christ ("antichrists") regardless of their profession manifest they were never really BAC at all but they went out from us because they were not of us, for if they had been of us (BAC) they WOULD HAVE NO DOUBT CONTINUED WITH US."

#22 The Biblicist, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evangelist-7 errs, based upon his work to earn merit and grace from God, as the lord in Romans 8 said that ALL of us saved by Him have been adopted by god right NOW, have the Spirit right NOW, and will be predestined and glorified by the father into image of Christ, NO exemptions among the elect of God!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well...

Gal 5:1 ¶ Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
    Kjv

Would seem to be the case that paul is saying to Judaizers, that IF you want to get circumicised, that you want to get back under the bondage of the law, then that act would have you stepping away from salvation by Grace alone thru faith alone!

Paul would be addressing Evangelsit -7 on his works based salvation!

5. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

I realize that OSASers can rationalize their way through life,
    i.e. lie to themselves and others ... to justify their long-held doctrines!
    As for me ... I don't have any to worry about, NONE.

IMO, in some cases, it's not necessary to take in all of the context!

Jesus says if you do not forgive Johnny-boy of his trespasses against you,
    then Father God will NOT forgive your trespasses against Him!

No context needed. However, I'm sure you can devise a way around this obvious verse.

Re: falling from grace ... I don't care who is being talked about, or who is being talked to.

The person(s) involved must have had been given God's grace
    and were believers in order to be qualified to fall from grace.

Disclaimer:
    I do not claim that I am correct about every last one of the many dozens of anti-OSAS passages that I quote.
    I.E. I'm not infallible.

6. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

I believe I have already explained this to you.

The following is another rejection of the infamous jumping-through-hoops technique.
    Same idea as heartily rejecting an weak very amateurish dog-and-pony show.

I choose my son to be a doctor.
    I raise him the best I can.
    He agrees wholeheartedly with the doctor bit.
    I send him all the way through medical school.

Then, a few years later, he chooses to chuck the whole gig and becomes a hippie.
    And, lo and behold, I cannot get him to return.
    Wow, he sure has fallen from my grace!
    If I could violate his free will, I would.

Hint: God very seldom (if ever) violates anyone's free will.

#26 evangelist-7, Aug 23, 2013
  7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Those who hold your view MUST ALWAYS resort to non-Biblical illustrations to support their non-Biblical doctrine. The Word of God repudiates your humanistic doctrine.

There is no such thing as a person who is born again who has not been chosen by God before the world began "TO" salvation - that is an act BEFORE TIME. And every elect in Christ before time has equally been chosen "to" salvation IN TIME "through sanctification of the Spirit AND belief of the truth."

Simply put, there is NO SALVATION for anyone OUTSIDE of Christ and all who are "in Christ" were chosen "in him" before the world began (Eph. 1:4). Hence, there is no BAC outside of Christ as there is no salvaiton OUTSIDE of Christ.

Your type of BAC does not exist in scriptures! Only in your fertile imagination! Indeed, this is your only means of escape from the clear scriptural teaching that none of the elect fail to be glorified (Rom. 8:28-32). You must INVENT a new class of BAC that simply have no existence in the Scriptures.

As for your illustration have you ever read the scripture it is not he "that willeth or he that runneth" but of God that sheweth mercy? Pure intellectual decisionism saves no one. Pure intellectual decisionism originates with man and can be changed by man but saving faith is "the work of God" and is a gift of God which is kept by "the power of God" what God hath begun IN YOU he shall perform until that day.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In other words you can't back up your position with Scripture put in its proper context. All you have to offer is vain philosophical speculation.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The true christian has been remade anew in christ, has the Holy Spirit indwelling them, so they still hvae their 'flesh" trying to get them to sin against god, but even when they do, Jesus as theur high priest intercededs for them before the father, and he has NEVER had one of His won get lost/lose salvation!

God chose me in Christ before foundation of the World was laid, so my salvation was and is totally His work!

He saved me, sealed me, keeps me, and will final glorify me!

#29 Yeshua1, Aug 23, 2013
  10. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Sorry, but I have grown weary of posting dozens of anti-OSAS Scriptures here at Baptist Board,
    which are ignored ... because people like you simply refuse to believe them!

BTW, regarding your application ... this is a copy of our recent correspondence to you:

Dear Applicant,

We've allowed you to be on probation here whilst your application for the permanent position of Biblicist was considered.
    However, we regret to inform you that you have been denied in favor of a grade 2 student at the local public school here.

Explanation: We did read some of your posts, at which point all of us here on the Board just could not refrain from
    throwing up all over the conference table!

To summarize: You have been summarily disqualified from further consideration as a bonefide Biblicist :wavey:

With the kindest of regards,
    The Absolutely Most Official Board of Directors, BaptistBoard.com

#30 evangelist-7, Aug 23, 2013
  11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Not only do people like you must resort to unbiblical illustrations and prooftexting multitudes of texts OUT OF CONTEXT but if all else fails then ridicule is your favorite defense when none of these things are real defenses at all but simply the weaknesses of your positoin being publicly advertised.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have eternal life right now? Adopted by the father , right now?

Or do you see it that unless we do enough, not sure of anything?