1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Next King of Great Britian

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am taking the other fork in the road, Since I am Fed up with all this "Royal Wedding" stuff.

Currently Prince Charles is the current heir to the throne.

I suggest that he be King for one day, retire and then pass it on to his son, Prince William -

Here is the current heirs to the throne - in order of succession

Thoughts?

I especially would love to hear from those citizens of the British Commonwealth

#1 Salty, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
  2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is apparently a move to remove the law of the male heir superseding any female sib.....but when that will happen who knows and really who cares?

Australia and to a lesser degree New Zealand has regular debates of shucking of the British crown as being the supremo Head of the countries mentioned, but I for one would prefer never to see the American Presidental system in its stead due to the fact it is a wealth driven system, might is right sort of thing. The thought of Kylie Minogue as President makes me cringe (or any other actor for that matter).

The current system is mostly extremely unobtrusive. The only time in Australian politics to my memory where the Crown intervened was during Gough Whitlam's era where the Governor-General Sir John Kerr sacked the government because it was in a checkmate (or hung as it is termed) where the lower house could not make any laws due to the blocking action of the Senate. The G-G applied to the Crown to dissolve the stalemate and allow for elections. It was controversal and many many books have been written on the subject.