1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Nonsuch Professor

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by tyndale1946, Dec 31, 2001.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found this and thought everyone would be interested in this web site. The writer is William Secker 1660. I didn't know where to put this but I'm sure the moderator will find the proper place for it. I sure those not familiar with the book will enjoy it... Brother Glen http://regie.topcities.com/NonsuchProfessor.htm

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for this link, Bro. Glen :cool: .

3. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your welcome Elder Robert... I found this very interesting and inspirational... Its also in a book you can buy online... I took the cheap way and printed out 129 pages and put them in a 3 leaf binder... Have you heard from Elder Jeff Weaver?... What happened to him?... I hope he's OK!... God bless you... Brother Glen [​IMG]

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't heard from Bro. Jeff. I, too, hope he's OK. I did see his name last week, I think on David Montgomery's discussion forum when they were testing for double posts. So I'm hoping all is well. That reminds me of a good song - "All is Well".

What's this that steals upon my frame? Is it death?
    That soon will quench this mortal flame? Is it death?
    If this be death I soon shall be, From every pain and sorrow free.
    I will the King of glory see; All is Well! All is Well!

Weep not, my friends, weep not for me. All is Well!
    My sins forgiven and I am free. All is Well!
    There's not a cloud that doth arise, To hide my Jesus from my eyes. I soon shall mount the upper skies. All is Well! All is Well!

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the topic, but I just thought of this and those words really are a blessing.

By the way, do you know anything about the author of Nonsuch Professor, William Secker?

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: rlvaughn ]

5. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry Elder Robert I got Secker mixed up with someone else... Secker wrote in the 1800s not 1660. Sorry for the error! As soon as I find out more about the man I will let u know... Brother Glen [​IMG]