1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Obamabot thought police

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by targus, Sep 16, 2009.

1. alatide

alatide New Member

So when sessions of the House or Senate degenerate into senseless shouting matches how will we govern? Maybe you're an anarchist?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

You could possibly be commiting a crime.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

No, I would be exercising my free speech rights? Do you want to restrict them?

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't believe I'm agreeing with alatide, but this would be the most beneficial thing this congress could do for this country - 24/7 for the duration of this congressional term.

Anything to keep them out of our lives!!!!!:thumbs::thumbs:

I'm proud of you alatide, you're coming around!!:love2:

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

this is a crime on privately owned property

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

So you agree, freedom of speech is not absolute.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It involves more that just the feedom of speech: It's a redress of grievance (that he believes the president lied) and the freedom of association (so do others). True, Joe was carried away in a moment of passion to exercise his freedom of speech but he apologized the next day which the president graciously accepted.

IMO, the president showed more grace in his acceptance than Joe in his apology but both men proved their personal integrity towards one another and a very real piece of bi-partisan evidence.

I just wish the press (Fox included) would fixate on the apology and subsequent acceptance as the whole world watches the bickering on both sides of the aisle.

As far as the president and Joe W are concerned, we have far greater fish to fry (and not just health care).

Why not just let it go?

There are many of the president's polices with which I (and many others) don't agree, but Israel and Iran are on the very brink of something which may ultimately lead to WWIII.

Pray, pray for wisdom for our president, Joe Biden was correct, his real test may very well be coming soon, perhaps soon the fate of the entire world will be in his hands (within the sovereignty of God of course).

My opinion of course.

HankD

#27 HankD, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009