1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The old hymns, I love them

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by ChristineES, Mar 19, 2006.

1. ChristineES

ChristineES New Member

Once on the Waltons, Grampa Walton said to Johnboy that he just went to church to sing the old hymns. I go to church for the preaching, of course, but I also love the songs they sing. I listen to groups like the Blackwood Brothers, Gold City, and the Gaithers so I can hear these songs in the middle of the week, too.
    They lift me up and make my day seem better. I thank God for those songs.

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I'm right there with ya Christine! I love the Blackwood Brothers and Gold City as well. My favorite is Greater Vision though.

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I can't stand CCM. Replacing hymns with CCM is one of the reasons I left my church.

I do like to hear Tennessee Ernie Ford sing the great hymns and I also have an album of the Mills Brothers singing hymns, as well as a couple of Dinah Shore Gospel albums.

The London Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorale has a beautiful collection of hymns.

Now Playing: Tim Moore - "Tim Moore"

4. vermae

vermae New Member

if you get the same sounds in the church you get out in the world why come into the church?This loud banging and shaken your hips to the beat outside is one thing but most people join church because they had enough of that kind of liveing.Want something they can calm themselves down with and get close to God.Now they are takeing the church to the club and discussing the bible over beers.I guess it's alright because they are reading the bible to the beat of hip hop in the church.I thought God sais " come out from among them'