1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Old Time Way

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by danthebaptist, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Outsider

Outsider New Member

Brother Willis,

Don't get so down hearted. If I were to guess, I would say there are more people that go to church today than there were 50 years ago. The biggest reason why our churches are not as full as they used to be is because there are probably 10 times more churches. I would not be so bold as to say there are more Christians today, but only the Lord knows that.

I have witnessed several times where a person or a group of members in a church get upset over something within the church and before you know it, they have broke off and started another one. When they do this, they take half of the congregation with them. I am not opposed to it by the way, I would rather see a church on every corner instead of a bar.

The dangers that I see with some churches is that they bring worldly things into their church. I have heard pastors say that they do this to lure people in and to show them they have something to offer everybody. We sometimes may forget that the only thing we need to be telling them is Jesus Christ.

I seen a statistic not long ago where 85% (I think) of Americans profess Christianity. This means almost 9 out of every 10 people you meet tomorrow think they are going to heaven. The Bible does not support this. I know of a few churches in my area that have service once a week but will have up to three financial meetings a week. I wonder what there priorities are????

Brother Willis, the churches we attend don't excite everybody. We don't have music (Instruments), No paid preachers, No vacation Bible school trips to the beach, and so on... It doesn't bother me that churches do those things if they are being led by the Spirit to do them. The only thing that bothers me is when a Christian tells me that they would never take up membership at one of our churches (Mainly because of those things). The only reason it does bother me is because when I was lost, I made that very comment to a man once. But when God got a hold of me, I was willing to go anywhere He wanted me to go.

God bless brother. Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

It seems Dan enjoys starting controversial threads and moving on to new topics. Because he is being active on the board on one of his other controversial threads.

3. danthebaptist

danthebaptist New Member

I believe, DonnA I explained to you on the other forum.

What do you want from me in this post?

You've already indicated you wouldn't care for anything I'd have to say anyway.:wavey:

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

this is your thread, you should be here shouldn't you.
    Explain what, why you start threads and go away.
    You need to be able to defend what you believe without insulting and name calling, these are not acceptable behavior anywhere you go.

#64 donnA, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2008
  5. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I gotcha, brother John! :thumbsup:. But the gist of the post I feel a lot of us have exerienced, and it was well said, too.

love,

Sopranette

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Remember the old way was once the new way.