1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The origins of the modern demonic uprising of Islam....from Greely Colorado

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    https://archive.org/stream/SayyidQutb/The America I have seen_djvu.txt

Look at what he said and observed in the church's back then;

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/a-lesson-in-hate-109822568/?no-ist
    A turning point came for Sayyid Qutb in 1949 when he was sent to the United States for higher studies in educational administration. Over a two year period he worked in several different institutions including what was then Wilson Teachers' College in Washington, D.C. and Colorado State College for Education in Greeley, as well as Stanford University. He also travelled extensively visiting the major cities of the United States and spent time in Europe on the return journey to Egypt. His reaction to the Western experience was decidedly negative; he found Western society hopelessly materialistic, corrupt, morally loose, and ridden with injustice. He was especially distressed by the disrespect shown to Arabs in the United States and the overwhelming support of its people for the state of Israel, founded in 1948. One of the most popular of his books, Social Justice in Islam (1948), reflects his critical attitude to the West.

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  4. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I must say it was surprising to see my former hometown mentioned in a topic thread. Not the best way for my former hometown to be mentioned. Tragic that even back 40s and 50s churches would rather entertain goats than feed sheep. Of course there are still churches in that town that are more social clubs than anything else.

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Many have said it was his essays that helped light the flame of the anti west movement

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is a strange chemistry and mix of factors that looks ominous.
    Liberal attitudes, politics, and theology feed into Islams wickedness.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try the serious consequences of heresy.

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christian heresy, that is...

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    open it up a bit kyred.. what is the worst part of it all that invites the judgment?

11. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As someone who lived decades in an Asian country, I find to be ridiculous the idea that a Muslim from Egypt in 1950 could understand this country in just two short years in an academic environment. We can safely ignore the ignorant opinions of this radical with his terror-inspiring presuppositions.

And I find it equally ridiculous to blame Muslim terrorism on any form of American thinking, political or theological. America and Israel have no responsibility in the slightest for Muslim terrorism.

#11 John of Japan, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the politics of Dispensationalism

This is basically a taboo topic here. Someone will perceive that their idol is being bashed and report the discussion and Admin will delete, censor, or shut it down.

The rebellion in refusing to accept God's arrangement as presented in passages such as Philippians 3:2-3, Romans 2:29, Romans 9:6, Galatians 6:15 to name a few. The idolatry in the gross misapplication of Genesis 12:3 that has resulted in the mindset that "Every act taken by Israel is orchestrated by God, and should be condoned, supported, and even praised by the rest of us." The hypocrisy of lamenting the murder of the unborn while unconditionally supporting the inflicting of misery and murder on those living. "There is no such thing as Palestinians" is the notion that justifies their turning a blind eye to the atrocities committed. The findings of the 911 Commission brought to light the animosity the Arabs have for us directly because of U.S. unconditional support of Israel.

To name just a few.

#12 kyredneck, Sep 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! I have seen some straw men erected on the BB but that one makes the Scarecrow look like solid granite!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks for the link. It opens up several related articles worthy of consideration.
    Islam hates everyone to begin with as it is of the devil.
    Israel has been hated since rejecting Jesus, except for the remnant in the early church.
    I believe the church has always been plan A.
    Dispensationalism keeps it separate and less than OT.Israel.
    I think a thread on this is in order.

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the real reason behind the centuries old war between the descendants of Jacob (aka Israel) and the descendants of Ishmael:

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

To attribute this conflict to Nelson Darby or Scofield, etc ... IMO is an overreach as "Jihad" was going on between Israel and Ismael long before Darby or Scofield were born.

Not that I approve in toto of the theological view of either, I don't.

Actually the theological conflict is between Mohamed and Jesus.

HankD

#15 HankD, Sep 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  16. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There were no "strawmen" in that post, just facts. You wanna back up your accusation?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, I think I know what you are getting at (maybe).

The "Dispensational" point of view leads to (or can lead to) an unhealthy political view of 21st century national Israel and I do agree.

National, political 21st century Israel should be accountable for their national sins in the same way any other nation is held accountable.

They do however have a history of persecution which can lead to mistrust on their part, they do have a right to defend themselves.

The "Jihad" mentality of Islam reaches far back into history preceding even the "Christian Era".

In fact "jihad" appears to originate with Ishmael (if you accept Genesis 16:12 as prophetic).

Genesis 16
    11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
    12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

Brethren: Jacob (aka Israel).

So, in my view while Israel is not sinless in this "jihad" conflict it is an overreach to pin it on dispensationalism.

HankD

18. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a complete misunderstanding of Dispensationalism, and a false accusation. The system by no means makes the church less than OT Israel.

It is this kind of silliness and mis-characterization that prevents me from ever taking part in a discussion about the subject here on the BB, even though I teach a course in Dispensational Theology. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol, don't wait on me to initiate it. I've better things to do (like planting fall green onions, lettuce, kohlrabi, rutabega, carrots, pak choi, beets, and maybe some others) than to take the unwarranted pummeling that's sure to result.

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But K - you did initiate this current disagreement with provocative statements about dispensationalism.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 2