1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The origins of the modern demonic uprising of Islam....from Greely Colorado

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is a helpful link and helps understand some of what happens today.
    The curses have to be taken into account for sure....

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, of a truth, I believe that - possibly the muslims were too busy killing each other to be concerned with Jews and a hearty yes as to guilt of the sins of European "Christians" have perpetrated upon Jews in Europe. The evidence is overwhelming and difficult to spin.

A lot of this of course before dispensational theology had even come into being.

But yes, several dispensational views of national, political Israel overlook their sins against others.

Also, because they (Israel) have historically suffered atrocities is not a free pass to heap it upon others - of all peoples they should be free from these kinds of transgressions.

HankD

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Albert Mohler said this on his radio show in 2010:

"I'm not sure that dispensational premillenialists are wrong....I'm certainly not sure they're wrong, and I'll tell you this—one of the good things is, I've never met a liberal dispensationalist, and I'm very thankful for that. Dispensationalists love the Scripture and they are determined to obey and to understand the Scripture"

Certainly a contrast from the 'Liberal!' and 'Heresy!' aspersions made here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed. In terms of the Gospel all are equal:

NKJV Acts 17:30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent.

HankD

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I grew up in a Dispensational SB Church and never noticed anything exceptional in the area of obedience and study. Quite the contrary, since leaving the SBs I've had the privilege of meeting and conversing with dozens of exceptional students of the word, Amils, Historicists, Preterists, or mixtures, all holding to this firm truth:

3 for we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God, and glory in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh: Phil 3

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One testimonial does not prove much K, yours or the one which provoked it.

There are "good" and "bad"everybodies - corrupt human nature you know (in and out of the church building) - No one has a franchise on it.

HankD

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like his form of dispensationalism. It is free from some of the excesses of the past forms.

Not that I would endorse his every sentence (publicly anyway).

I also do not like the label of dispensationalist but wear it nonetheless and explain when necessary.

HankD

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Demons will do what demons do. Demons hate Christ and His bride. If there were no church dance, he would have invented one to call Christ a glutton and a wine bibber to make his own self righteousness seem superior.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1