1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The "Other" Jesus Movie

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Kiffin, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

I apologize, NIV.

2. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

I have the Visual Bible, both Matthew and Acts. Both are the entire gospels, word-for-word scripture, NIV.

I have not watched Acts yet, but in Matthew, Richard Kiley plays Matthew, and Bruce Marchiano plays Jesus. They are both excellent in their respective roles.

I am about half way through Matthew, and it is exceptional, IMHO. Can't wait to finish it and start Acts! Great way to "read" both gospels.

I have just recently ordered "The Gospel of John" on DVD. It was in theaters here for a very short time, but I didn't see it. Several people in my Sunday School class did, however, and they said it was excellent...3 hours long, but they didn't notice. One of them took her 9 year old son, and he loved it. They went to see it again, and he took two of his friends with him.

CJ

3. Spirit and Truth

Spirit and Truth New Member

Bro Adam:

The Visual Bible: Matthew is also an excellent watch. It uses ONLY the text from the KJV Matthew as the dialogue and goes through 99 different scenes.

S&T:

I agree. The gospel of John was dark and the guy who portrayed John the Baptist acted like a zen master. The actor playing Jesus was not as loving as the guy in the Gospel of Matthew film.

4. Pete

Pete New Member

I have the Visual Bible: Matthew DVD, Bruce Marchiano's performance is bit too cheesy in parts for me....Love the script though [​IMG]