1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The OTHER Side of God...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 10, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Today's world is full of people who have developed a view of God that is not actually Biblical in the true sense of Biblical. And because of the need for others to be politically correct and tolerant in all things they do, think and say, the truth is these liberal ways of thinking and acting towards fellow man has naturally transferred over to, and transformed how people, in general view the God of this universe. The god who created all we see, know, touch, feel, and hold dear to our heart!

A few days back, on another Christian forum, a dear sister, Panguerita Hanks [who gave me permission to use this quote] says, "I've been thinking a lot on the character of Christ. He spoke and taught the people in a sweet conversational manner, telling them of both blessings and woes. And, He said some very hard things to some people, even calling them snakes and vipers. Some even got so angry they wanted to throw Him off a cliff. However, He just kept His cool and went on into the next city. He didn't get violent and revengeful; He just stood firm in His righteousness and spoke the truth in love, desiring the salvation of the souls of men, But shaking the dust off His feet against those who said they knew God but hated truth. That was a sweet-smelling sacrifice to the Father..."

I have to wholeheartedly agree with her words. While we serve an awesome, and loving God; the fact remains that he should not be viewed, seen or even confused with somebody's "sugar daddy!" For whatever reasons, our society and culture, especially here in the United States has turned God into some always happy, jolly, all giving, every day "Santa!" The people of this day and age have painted God as the happy, go-lucky, slow to anger daddy who gives his kids everything and anything they want or desire; and this daddy would never send anyone to hell, because he is all about "love?"

The truth is, while in John 3:16-18 Jesus reminds us, “This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person’s failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him." [from the Message Bible]

However, we need to look closely at the words of Jesus above. While it's true that He said He was sent by the Father, "So that no one need be destroyed!" He also reminded us that, "God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was." And followed that up with this, "He came to help, to put the world right again." Note, Jesus said his main purpose was to put them [the world] "right" again. And God did this one special, miraculous act [granting us His Grace to overcome our sin] when Jesus says, with authority, "Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him...faces a death sentence! No ifs, ands or buts! A "death sentence!" or in terms the world has not wanted to hear for a long time know, eternity in hell, and the second death!

I think the saddest part of what Jesus says about this death sentence is something that is so clear and evident that most sinners have been unable to see it because like Jesus says, they've "been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person’s failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him!"

God has two sides to Him. The one that believers came to know and love when they realized they were toast without Him, and the side that includes His hatred for sin. Such a strong hatred that He asked His Son to go to earth; live a sin free 33 years; go to the cross as an innocent man; die in place of guilty, sinful men and women; become the everlasting, one-for-all, sacrificial lamb, that gives to all who come to Him - in faith - eternal life. A renewed relationship. A chance to have life everlasting. The kind of life that the sinful actions of Adam and Eve denied us of having! And most importantly, reuniting us with our estranged Father. Now, if that doesn't illicit an Amen from born-again children, nothing ever will!

Finally, it is important for the multitudes who are currently caught up in sinful "gridlock" on the wire road to hell - or as I call it in my book, Final Daze, the "Highway to Hell!" to realize that while "God so loved the world" He also made it quite clear in numerous references through both the Old Testament and the New that His wrath will follow the second judgment of all mankind.

I'd like to leave you with this excellent Scripture from Revelations 21:6-8 [The Message Bible] - where the Apostle John, exiled on the Island of Patmos writes a directed by the Holy Spirit, "It’s happened. I’m A to Z. I’m the Beginning, I’m the Conclusion. From Water-of-Life Well I give freely to the thirsty. Conquerors inherit all this. I’ll be God to them, they’ll be sons and daughters to me. But for the rest—the feckless and faithless, degenerates and murderers, fornicators, sex peddlers and sorcerers, idolaters and all liars—for them it’s Lake Fire and Brimstone. Second death!”

Thus we clearly can see that God definitely has two sides to Him. To be born-again is to be on the one side; and to reject His Grace and gift of salvation is to be on the other. Unfortunately, for those who hope to gamble with eternity, there is no middle ground. And you should know that all the good works in the world, or ones lifetime, cannot do for you what Jesus did on the cross. Yes, well meaning, loving folks will not get to heaven if they rejected the cornerstone of God: Jesus! [Psalm 118:22]

Paul tells the people in Ephesus that, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. [Ephesians 2:8-10 - NKJV]

And for those who believe that they did things in Jesus's name, like leading people to Jesus, casting out demons, and prayers for the sick, Jesus bluntly says, “Knowing the correct password [like some secret club handhsake]—saying ‘Master, Master,’ for instance—isn’t going to get you anywhere with me. What is required is serious obedience [through coming to Him and being saved]—and then doing what my Father wills. I can see it now—at the Final Judgment thousands strutting up to me and saying, ‘Master, we preached the Message, we bashed the demons, our God-sponsored projects had everyone talking.’ And do you know what I am going to say? ‘You missed the boat. All you did was use me to make yourselves important. You don’t impress me one bit. You’re out of here!!!’

This is as plain and clear as I can be about who God really is. And more importantly, who it is that will be traversing the Narrow Path [Matthew 7:13-14]. I do not deny that God is a God of extreme love. However, He is also a God that harbors wrath for the sin that Adam Eve brought to our world more than 6,000 years ago. Which side of God are you really on? Better yet, which side of God do you want to be on when the second judgment comes?

Shalom my beloved! :wavey:

If you were blessed with this, feel free to pass it on to others on other forums. What God gives me is for ALL his children! :thumbsup: