1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Pentagon "Lost" $2.3T in One Year under Rumsfielf

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by alatide, Oct 5, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

"whoever's" pathological hatred of the Bush Administration has destroyed his ability to think logically.

Rumsfield, in office for 8 months, states that $2.3 trillion, with a T, in transactions over some number of years cannot be tracked.

"whoever" then implies that President Bush, Rumsfield, and perhaps others have absconded with $2.3 trillion, with a T, when the total Federal Budget for that year was $1.8 trillion, with a T, and the Pentagon Budget was only $300 billion, with a B.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Of course, this is the same guy who has the lamebrained theory that Bush intentionally killed 3,000 Americans at 9/11.

When someone has such a complete break from reality to that extent...why should we expect any rational posts?

3. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

But one of these days, one of these days, he's gonna knock one right out of the park.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

The money probably went into black ops. Maybe the secret space program or underground cities. <G>

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yeah, but it will be a foul ball. :tongue3:

6. alatide

alatide New Member

"The FACTS?" I presented the facts. You guys can't accept reality. I suppose you don't trust information from the Dept. of Defense? Actually, on that point I might be with you.

7. OldRegular

You presented a collage on You Tube that was sheer nonsense. You presented some information from CBS quoting Rumsfield. Then you distorted the information you presented to make it appear that President Bush, Rumsfield, and unknowns had absconded with the entire Federal Budget + an additional 25% during the 8 months that Bush had been in office. Your pathological hatred of Bush is unChristian and indicates that you need to have a series of counseling sessions with a qualified individual.

8. targus

targus New Member

Or maybe an exorcism ?

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spot on!!! Ain't holding my breath though!

10. alatide

alatide New Member

I presented the text of Rumsfield's speech from the Dept. of Defense web site. You're completely insane and out of touch. You only believe what you want to believe and can't deal with the facts.

You really should seek out professional help.

11. OldRegular

"whoever", start a poll and see who is delusional and needs professional help! You cannot deal with the truth. Only someone who is delusional would believe they could steal more money out of their piggy bank than it contains.

Furthermore, your irrational hatred of President Bush and other members of the Forum indicates that you need spiritual help.

12. alatide

alatide New Member

So you believe the Defense Dept. article was not true?

13. OldRegular

Only someone who is delusional would believe they could steal more money out of their piggy bank than it contains.

14. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

But they are rationed.
    They are rationed in Current Events, Politics, and in some instances, General Topics.
    Oh....I'm sorry....you meant intelligent, thoughtful ideas.
    I'm going to take up for Alatide here. What do you expect from a school-age girl borrowing her daddy's computer.
    Leave Alatide alone! I'm sure one of these days she will be on her own and will have to learn to fend for herself. One can only learn through trials and tribulations.
    Let's give her a break.

15. OldRegular

The person who calls himself "alatide" [ I call him/her "whoever" because he/she appears to have been on the Forum under a different name.] started a thread in which he/she accuses the Secretary of Defense, Rumsfield, of stealing $2.3 trillion in 2001. That sum is about 25% more than the entire Federal budget for that year as has been repeatedly pointed out to "whoever". In a later post "whoever" references a Pentagon web site which carries a speech by Rumsfield to the Pentagon employees:

http://www.defenselink.mil/speeches/speech.aspx?speechid=430.

In that speech Rumsfield mentions the inability of the Defense Department to track $2.3 trillion dollars in transactions, apparently over a number of years. The purpose of Rumsfield's speech is to state that the inability to track that money is unacceptable and that the Pentagon must change the way that it conducts business. If anyone has ever been involved in any contracting with the Federal government they will have some idea of what Rumsfield is talking about.

"whoever", because of his pathological hatred of President Bush, states that $2.3 trillion dollars was stolen in 2001. As I stated above that sum is 25% more than the entire Federal budget for 2001. Numerous people have pointed out to "whoever" the illogic of his OP, all to no avail.

I have stated that "whoever's" pathological hatred of President Bush has apparently made him delusional since he continues to insist he is correct. Now it is possible that "whoever" is just jerking everyone around. It is also possible that he needs professional help and I have sincerely suggested he seek it.

Furthermore, it is apparent that "whoever" consistently exhibits a less than Christian attitude towards those who do not share his hatred of Bush and his love of Obama. I have suggested that perhaps he needs spiritual help.

Whether "whoever" is just jerking us around or whether he really needs help I don't know. However, I will no longer respond to any of his posts or participate in any OP he initiates.

16. alatide

alatide New Member

Where do you get off calling me a school age girl using her daddy;s computer? Are you a closet homosexual? Why don't you come out and show yourself in all your gay glory?

17. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

#57 Nonsequitur, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2009
  18. rbell

rbell Active Member

come on folks...now this is getting ridiculous...

19. alatide

alatide New Member

After further investigation, I agree that the $2.3T misplaced by the pentagon was a cumulative amount of money that pentagon auditors couldn't account for. It had been hidden over a period of years.

I don't understand why that makes it acceptable for the Dept. of Defense to lose that much money. That much money could have been spent on anything including false fag terrorism. Our economy would be in far better shape today if we had gotten that misplaced $2.3T back.

In addition, there's a small matter of another $1T lost.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.rense.com/general75/latest.htm

Dov Zakheim, former Bush appointee as Pentagon Comptroller from May 4, 2001 to March 10, 2004 was unable to explain the disappearance of $1 trillion dollars. Actually, nearly three years earlier, Donald Rumsfeld announced on September 10, 2001 that an audit discovered $2.3 trillion was also missing from the Pentagon books [1]. That story, as I mentioned, was buried under 9-11's rubble. The two sums disappeared on Zakheim's watch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Zakheim_Dov

Zakheim was the Defense Department's chief financial officer during the 2003 efforts to streamline the department's spending procedures and implement spending priorities that reflected Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's vision of a 21st-century military. Critics say some of the reforms removed congressional oversight and accountability from the defense budget. During Zakheim's tenure, the Defense Department's Inspector General found that the Pentagon could not properly account for more than $1 trillion of spent funds (San Francisco Chronicle, May 18, 2003).

20. targus

targus New Member

Wait - first you said that the money was stolen by Rumsfield et al.

Then you said that Rumsfield lost the money.

Now you say that the money couldn't be accounted for.

I notice that your position keeps changing and that you keep sidetracking to different issues as you are shown to be in error.

I would suggest that you start to read first.

Then think about what your read.

Then read it again.

Then think about it again - before you post.

It may save you some embarassment in the future.