1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Pocket Testament League

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by The_Narrow_Road, Jan 29, 2003.

1. The_Narrow_Road

The_Narrow_Road New Member

For those who are mission minded, for those who soul win, for those who hand out tracts, for those who share God's word, please visit this site.

It is called the Pocket Testament League and the site is www.ReadCarryShare.org You can become a free member and receive free gospels of John to distribute. It is more for one-on-one evangelism. You can choose different covers and have a choice of KJV, NIV, & NLB. Spanish is also available.

If you are shy about sharing your faith, this is a perfect way to "get used" to sharing.

There is also a presentation that can be done at your Church to get the congregation involved in this soul winning ministry.

Some of us might not ever leave the country we're in, but we are still missionaries for Christ wherever we are.

God bless, Kenneth
    www.geocities.com/the_narrow_road_00/index.html

2. BM

BM New Member

I agree with you on the Pocket Testament League. my husband and I are members and we have handed out several of their "Ready References for your Pocket Testament" tracts. adults and youth find these helpful! [​IMG]

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is an interesting resource...our church just started an outreach ministry that does nothing more than hang a bag on doors with a bible and a letter inviting people to church. Those that like to knock on doors and talk to people are more than welcome to do so; those that are uncomfortable with door-knocking can simply hang the bag on a door handle and move on.

Our problem has been ordering the Bibles. We're not an overly afluent church, and you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find affordable King James New Testaments. We finally found the "Here's Hope" New Testament, which we're ordering through a local bible book store for 85 cents a piece.

I find it amazing, however, that 85 cents is the cheapest I can find a King James, but I've found several sites where I can get an NIV for less than 50 cents.

4. The_Narrow_Road

The_Narrow_Road New Member

Don,
    The Pocket Testament League provides KJV gospel's of John for free. It has the plan of salvation in the front and space in the back for you to put your Church's information. Then if the people want more of God's word, they can come to the Church.
    We are planning on doing a presentation in our Church on the Pocket Testament League. If you contact Jim West at the Pocket Testament League, he can tell you whether or not there is a representative in your area. And if there isn't, he'll give the pastor information on presenting the ministry and the gospels.
    God bless, Kenneth

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry; I already signed up as a free member and ordered 20 copies (KJV).

Thanks for the link!