1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The point of intoxication

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SoulWinningLady, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can't answer for him, but I believe it to be after. Feeling "buzzed" is not intoxication...but what leads to it. That's usually a good stopping point for those who don't know when to.

Webster's defines it as...
    "To disorder the senses; to stupefy, or to make furious or frantic;"

I don't think this would be the "buzz"...but well after that point. If the "buzz" were this, then low blood sugar, caffeine buzz and lack of sleep would be considered drunkeness.

#61 webdog, Aug 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2006
  2. His Blood Spoke My Name

You are not judged by me, but by the Word of God. If I show the Word of God to point out error, I am not judging. Jesus Himself said 'Judge righteous judgment'.

As has been pointed out, Deuteronomy 29 and 32 show what kind of wine was spoken of in Deuteronomy 14. The wine in chapter 14 had to have been non-alcoholic. To make it anything else is denying God's Holy Word.

#62 His Blood Spoke My Name, Aug 28, 2006
  3. lbaker

lbaker New Member

Dear SWL,

I would agree with Webdog, the buzz is a warning that enough is enough and it is time to stop.

The best I can remember, for me intoxication would have occurred after consuming something like six to eight beers in a short length of time, say one or two hours. Since I never was a "heavy" drinker some folks would have had a considerably higher tolerance for alchohol than I did and so it would take a lot more to get them "drunk" than it did me. This all varies according to an individual's size and metabolism and the time involved, etc.

Again, hope this helps.

Les

#63 lbaker, Aug 28, 2006
  4. His Blood Spoke My Name

If six or eight beers make you intoxicated, then one beer makes you one sixth or one eighth intoxicated; thereby still intoxicated nonetheless.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Foolish logic that means one french fry given to a starving child in Africa makes him a glutton.

Have you posted on any other threads here besides alcohol? I can't find any.

6. lbaker

lbaker New Member

Fine, then according to you Jesus and I have been 1/6 th intoxicated at various times, He on wine and I on beer. Seems like I'm in pretty good company.

Les

7. His Blood Spoke My Name

As I said in another thread, My High Priest, the Spotless, Sinless Son of Almighty God did not drink alcohol.

8. ituttut

ituttut New Member

But you are judging "appearance" of what comes of drunkenness are you not, which is not "righteous judgment". You have judgment of His Word of what you think is sin, and that is "wine", so to you it is Sin. But your sin is not my sin. I say you do not sin when drink "grape juice wine", but you condemn all that drink "wine" of the "grape juice".

You have no proof for what you are saying that it is not wine put into the vat. Also you do not address the issue I put before you. Can you deny He gave them right to drink "strong drink" and "wine"? You deny His Word if you will not accept His Words.

I understand it is a sin if you drink wine, for you believe it to be so; but I don't, and I sin not for it is not sin for me to drink wine. This is what His tells us in the "Deuteronomy verse", the "bread and the wine", and for our "infirmities" which may be often, and we are not to become drunkards.

9. His Blood Spoke My Name

God is not a respector of persons. What He says is sin for me is also sin for you whether you accept it to be sin or not.

His Word shows that wine was not alcoholic, yet you are trying to make it alcoholic.

10. lbaker

lbaker New Member

Well this is one of those things that is just going to go round and round forever and the only way it is ever going to be settled it to just wait and ask Jesus when we get to heaven.

Les

11. His Blood Spoke My Name

Yer forgetting, those who preach another Christ will not make it to heaven. The Bible says 'let them be accursed.'

12. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

A disagreement over alcohol is a far cry from preaching another Christ.

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

agreed. Questioning another's salvation over this is over the line.

14. His Blood Spoke My Name

If one is preaching a christ who drank alcoholic beverages, which is very much unscriptural, one is certainly not preaching the sinless Son of God.

15. ituttut

ituttut New Member

What He says to me it is not sin, so whether you accept it or not, you do not sin when you drink wine. He tells you it is not, and He does not respect anyone who disagrees with Him.

Please don't put faith IN Yourself, or In Me. I didn't make "wine" alcoholic. Why will you not believe My God - "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; 15. And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart." For heavens sake, please quit mocking My God.

16. His Blood Spoke My Name

Will you not believe my God, 'Look not thou'

The god you seem to promote appears to be a respector of persons. Telling one that alcohol is forbidden because it is venom, and then turning around and telling another that it is not forbidden. The Word of God tells me that God allows the wicked to drink their fermented wine; not that He tells them to, He just allows it.
    Elijah mocked the prophets of the false god and mocked their god also.

#76 His Blood Spoke My Name, Aug 28, 2006
  17. standingfirminChrist

The Word of God does indeed prohibit the drinking of alcohol in the life of one who wishes to be a follower of Christ.

From the many posts that I have read over the last hour, I have seen so many verses shown that absolutely show God requires abstinece.

We are not to look like the world. We are to be conformed to the image of God's dear Son. God's Son, as stated before, could in no way have drank, created, nor bestowed alcoholic drink to His Children. Alcohol deceives, and it kills.

Also, quite a few quotes from history clean back to 600 years before Christ showed there indeed was non-alcoholic wine in Bible times.

Scientific quotes have also been given to refute all wine in Bible times as alcoholic.

Regardless of history, regardless of science, God's Word is true. His Son would not have been able to go to the cross to pay the sin sacrifice that was needed to make atonement once for all had He partook of that which brought a curse to mankind from the very first time it was recorded in His Word.

There is too much Scripture to show that alcohol is the venom of asps and poison of dragons, and that it brings nothing but grief to those who choose to partake of that which is associated with the wicked.

Thou art inexcusable, O man. The Word and the Warning has been given. If one chooses to remain in darkness concerning this subject, one will one day experience the Wrath of a living God.

#77 standingfirminChrist, Aug 28, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  18. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

Hopefully, people will take the BIBLICAL advise and not let others judge them for what they drink.

19. His Blood Spoke My Name

Yes, hopefully people will take the BIBLICAL advice and Look not at the fermented wine. If they will follow that advice, the wine will not deceive them into drinking it.

20. standingfirminChrist

Wish you would make up your mind. You say it is ok to drink in moderation, yet you also say people should take Biblical advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.