1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Police Are Still Out Of Control

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Nov 28, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I should know.

By FRANK SERPICO
    October 23, 2014

In the opening scene of the 1973 movie “Serpico,” I am shot in the face—or to be more accurate, the character of Frank Serpico, played by Al Pacino, is shot in the face. Even today it’s very difficult for me to watch those scenes, which depict in a very realistic and terrifying way what actually happened to me on Feb. 3, 1971. I had recently been transferred to the Narcotics division of the New York City Police Department, and we were moving in on a drug dealer on the fourth floor of a walk-up tenement in a Hispanic section of Brooklyn. The police officer backing me up instructed me (since I spoke Spanish) to just get the apartment door open “and leave the rest to us.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...till-out-of-control-112160.html#ixzz3KPszWRvT

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Looked like they were Monday night! Specially since the democrat governor did not have the National Guard in there to keep them under control!

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Control. Interesting word.

#3 poncho, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
  4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Out of control is just as interesting. As we have seen. Makes for great TV news viewing.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The corporate media would be proud of old poncho. Sensationalist at its finest.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Naw, I'm happy to let you and CMG wear that crown Rev. "The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming".

What's interesting is how you guys get your back all up and start attacking me and Frank instead of discussing the content of the essay. Kind of reminds me of that time in fourth grade . . .

#6 poncho, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems to me that the left press wants to terrify and herd we the sheeps into an out of control stampede so the emperor can take his pen and declare martial law - perhaps to ultimately legislate himself a third seat as POTUS.

Don't laugh.

It seems that it is failing this time around, the general public being too "stupid" to understand that they are suppose to nationally continue as in Ferguson, rioting without constraint.

It's inevitable - some other crisis, manufactured or otherwise, will come along to provide the cattlemen a good "divide and conquer" scenario (can't let a good racial crisis go to waste).

HankD

#7 HankD, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

An Essay For The Rev

Following Alexander the Great’s conquest of Persia, members of the Persian elite were required to prostrate themselves before their new ruler. Polyperchon, one of Alexander’s generals, sternly rebuked one of the Persians whose self-abasement was seen as inadequate.

“Come on, don’t just touch the floor with your chin,” demanded Alexander’s arrogant underling. “Bang it, man! Bang it!”

Police union commissar Patrick J. Lynch displays more than a hint of that attitude in dealing with a public that at long last has become disgusted with routine and impenitent criminal corruption on the part of the state’s consecrated dispensers of violence.

For Lynch – whose views are very commonplace in law enforcement – any attitude toward police other than abject, servile gratitude is unacceptable, and perhaps even criminal. This is true even of those who preface modulated discussion of unambiguous criminal misconduct with the familiar disclaimer: “Not all cops are bad.”

“Proclaiming that `not all cops are bad’ implies that rational people might somehow believe the opposite,” Lynch whined in a recent column for the New York Post. “It lends cop-haters a credibility they don’t deserve. And it minimizes the dedication and professionalism that police officers display, day in and day out, by implying that it’s the exception rather than the rule.”

From Lynch’s perspective, sycophancy toward the licensed purveyors of violence is a civic obligation, and the public has a duty to sustain the pretense that every single police officer is a divinely commissioned instrument of justice and the distillate of valor.

Read More At: http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2014/10/either-praise-police-or-shut-up.html

It would seem judging from the Rev's recent replies in my threads

and his actions to "cast a favorable light" on "all cops" by posting a number of "feel good" cop stories he shares the same perspective as Patrick J. Lynch.

Either Praise the Police, or Shut Up!

Again, it's the system that is being questioned here.

#8 poncho, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Why "Good Cops" Stay Silent:

“I can't get killed for this job,” observed one of Adam Basford's former colleagues in the Yakima Police Department, explaining why he had refused to come to Basford's aid during a hand-to-hand struggle with an armed suspect. “I thought we were going to get killed, so I had to leave you there.”

That officer was one of three who were in a position to help on August 18, 2013 when Basford attempted to arrest Antonio Cardenas, a recently paroled felon who was suspected of aggravated assault with a firearm. Concerned over the safety of bystanders, including a young girl, Officer Basford didn't pull his gun. He found himself grappling with a younger ex-convict who was several inches taller and at least sixty pounds heavier, while every other available nearby officer found something better to do.

Basford was able to subdue the suspect without killing him or risking the lives of people in the neighborhood. Rather than receiving a commendation, Basford is now off the force and facing criminal charges – not for taking down an armed, violent felon without using lethal force, but for filing a misconduct complaint against an erstwhile colleague.

Basford, an Air Force veteran who regarded himself to be a peace officer rather than a law enforcer, had patrolled a violent neighborhood riven with gang-related violence. On many occasions prior to August 18, he had called for backup, only to find – as he did that night – that no help was forthcoming. This wasn’t just because Basford’s fellow officers were afraid, but because he had violated the unwritten but binding rules of police solidarity by speaking out against routine misconduct and abuse within the department.

Read More At: http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2014/08/why-good-cops-stay-silent-persecution.html

Again, this isn't about individual cops or even "all of them" it's about the system.

#9 poncho, Nov 30, 2014
  10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Video of the Day

Watch as 8 Police Officers Fire 46 Shots and Kill a Homeless Man in Broad Daylight

Out of control police brutality (including outright murder), and the militarization of cops across America, while significant issues in their own right, take on an even more pressing degree of concern when viewed as a reflection of society as a whole. For years now, I have been trying to point out the connection between banker bailouts, corruption in Washington D.C., imperialistic foreign policy and police aggression. They are all different sides of the same coin. All of these things are merely symptoms of the core cancer, which is a sociopathic elite running the nation and not applying the rule of law to those who are in power; wherever that power happens to reside.

This article is a perfect followup to my piece from earlier in the week, To Protect and Perve – California Cops Share Nude Photos Stolen from Citizens’ Cellphones, in which I wrote:

Read More At: http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2014/10/29/video-of-the-day-watch-as-8-police-officers-fire-46-shots-and-kill-a-homeless-man-in-broad-daylight/

#10 poncho, Nov 30, 2014