1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The politics of being a Christian

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by El_Guero, Jan 7, 2007.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

If you are referring to the example that I remember, the recent example was some folks saying that if a soldier defended himself in the shower and killed the aggressor - then that soldier was guilty of murder and not accidental manslaughter.

:wavey:

Me? I am for the soldier having the right to defend himself and for the soldier not having to live in fear of taking a shower.

:1_grouphug:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In self defense from physical harm, I agree.

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Do you think that women also have the right to kill guys who make aggressive passes?

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I tho't that I covered that in the other thread - I was more politically correct in my coverage of my position . . .

Re-typing is getting old.

But, why would you even ask such a thing? Yes, a woman has the right to protect herself . . .

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I think we agree!

:thumbs:

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

What is an example of homosexual oppression?

7. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

I was referring to the fact that everyone who disagreed with you was accused of condoning homosexuality.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

REALLY?

Calling self defense murder is uh . . . defending the aggressor (the homosexual was the aggressor in the example that I gave) . . .

So, why do YOU keep defending the aggressor and then trying to blame me for wanting to murder homosexuals? I do not remember ever condoning murder.

Murder and homosexuality are on your mind way, way, way too much for me.

Get your position worked out - then start your own thread, and if I understand and still want to chat about homosexuals, I'll reply.

:wavey:

#28 El_Guero, Jan 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2007
  9. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

EG,

You amuse me. I am not bringing up the topic again, and I am not defending anything. I made my position clear in the other thread. I SPECIFICALLY ANSWERED Hillclimber's question stemming from Daisy's response. You seem to forget that no matter how many times people in the other thread said they did not condone homosexuality, YOU KEPT ACCUSING THEM OF DOING SO. That, my friend is exactly the kind of thing Daisy was referring to, and Hillclimber questioned. Do you even read entire threads before you post?

Why don't you simmer down and stop being so defensive. BTW, I don't have murder or homosexuality on my mind, but I am glad you feel you have the ability to mind read. Do you think you are psychic now?

10. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I am tired of you bringing up diatribe and homosexuality.

Get back on this thread of why you feel it is necessary to attack, obfuscate, and mislead.

You attack an argument and then sidestep by saying, "I don't hold that position."

Cute.

#30 El_Guero, Jan 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2007
  11. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

:confused: I didn't bring it up, someone else did. I replied to them. You did not have to respond to my post. When you did I had a right to defend myself and reply to your post. I'm not sure what your problem with me is, but I am not trying to attack you. I have better things to do with my time. :BangHead:

Oh, and for the last time, I DO NOT CONDONE HOMOSEXUALITY. Is that clear enough for you?

12. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Good Evening Filmproducer,

You have made this point abundantly clear in your posts, and now you have expounded upon that fact with this statement. The rest of us can see by your posts in this discussion as well as the others that you DID NOT condone homosexuality. Anyone who is suggesting otherwise is being intellectually dishonest.

The rest of us get it, and you can rest assured of that fact despite any further claims to the contrary.

I trust that you and yours are well down in O-Town,
    BiR (I moved to Richmond from Tampa)

13. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Back on topic - you can start your own thread to hi-jack.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's the second time you've asked that simple straightforward question without an answer. I would think, with all the wailing about the oppression of homosexuals, that one of them would throw in example or two.

Is there a message in there somewhere?

15. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Should we make certain topics taboo?
    Hmmmmmmmmm, lessee what the BIBLE says shall we?
    I mean, we ARE Baptists are we not? Supposedly known for holding that Book in high esteem? Hmmmmmmmm?
    Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

OK. then exactly what does that mean? I think we are all intelligent people. (At least I get that impression from reading the many topics discussed.)
    Any topic which is SURE to gender strife among the brethren should not be discussed in such a worldwide public forum, IMO.
    Therefore, use your God given brain and I think you can decide for yourself which topics one ought to avoid.

But of course, THAT ain't gonna happen here is it?

(P.S.: I get sucked into WAY too many of these topics for my own good BTW. So don't go jumping on my back about it. The Holy Spirit chastens me enough here at home about it without you trying to help Him. thanks)

16. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Thank you BiR! You are right is intellectual dishonesty, if not downright childish behavior.

We are doing great down here except the weather is really messing us up. Yesterday I had the air conditioner on and now today it is freezing to the point of putting the heat on. What I wouln't do to live up north again, at least then I know what to expect. (usually)

Filmproducer

17. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Wayne, I was responding to the conversation at hand. You are the one who has participated in taking everyone down this road.......

Regards anyway,
    BiR

18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Some of us here are Baptists, some are not.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who support and vote for political candidates who support and condone homosexuality and want to "normalize" that sin in America are, in fact, supporting and condoning the sin of homosexuality.

The "rights' issue is a red herring. Homosexuals already have the same rights as everyone else. They want special rights.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

20. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Sin is normal. I don't know of any but one sinfree.