1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Pope

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by stan the man, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Not everybody DOES but I would think we should have the option to since we arent 5 year olds.

If we can only believe what we believe because we arent allowed to see anything else then something is wrong.

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Oh, the horrors, though, if someone ends up believing something different than me!!!11!1!1!

:laugh:

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's happened to me over the past couple of years in reversing the way I believed about many things growing up. (alcohol in itself is not sin...drunkeness is, CCM is NOT worldly, as music in itself is not sinful, calvinism is NOT correct just because there are many godly men throughout history who have held to this, the RCC is NOT a Christian organization just because they "believe" in Jesus Christ, churches are NOT to be democratic just because of denomination or church tradition, but following the biblical model, being "lukewarm" does NOT mean "lackadaisical christian", etc.)

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

right, thats how I feel.... everybody should be able to read and make up their own mind about things... we arent little kids, you know?

5. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

some people act as if they'd like to shoot you if you wont believe the way they do. They get really mean-spirited and downright hateful. thats when its time to just be quiet.

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Quiet? Yeah, I need to work on that.

7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

well you dont HAVE to be quiet, you could always inadvertently cause trouble and stuff

8. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

I for one appreciate what you have done on this board standing against unsubstantiated Catholic bashing.

I am not Catholic. I believe that only a fraction of Catholic clergy are Christians. I do believe that most Catholic laypeople that take their faith seriously are Christians. What gets slung at Catholic Christians is untrue, and motivated by malice.

I do not like to see such treatment of people in general. Even less so do I like it slung at fellow servants of my Lord.

I may not agree with those fellow servants, but I believe it serves Jesus Christ when we are good to ALL His servants.

I appreciate your being willing to stand against this slinging even as you are maligned for doing so.
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=927842&postcount=27
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=928694&postcount=32
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=928891&postcount=40
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=928901&postcount=44
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=928910&postcount=49
    Please do not shut up. In the future, I will be more careful to join you. Thank you again so much for your stand for what is right.

#108 Darron Steele, Jan 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Claudia: "Inadvertently?" ME??? :smilewinkgrin:

Darron: Thank you so much. I deeply appreciate this.

10. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Throughout my life I have found none of Roman Catholic was born again Christian. When I noticed some Roman Catholic were so called "devout" Catholic, I found that they were very much hard-headed, stuborn pagan worshippers. They refused the Words of God. They firmly insisted on Idol Worship with all the excuses of paradox. They advocated the Inquisition and Papacy. They firmly believed that they are going to the Purgatory, instead of Heaven after death. I have never heard any gospel from their mouth, not the rituals, ceremony, or pagan customs such as Christmas, Easter, Lent
    What I mean by Gospel is that we were saved by the Grace of God thru Jesus Christ who shed the blood at the Cross, ONCE FOR ALL. They sometimes mentioned th Gospel but that was very much theoretical not the vivid one which they really experienced in their lives. They never presented how God converted their lives when they met Jesus Christ. They never confessed that they can access God because of what Jesus has done at the Cross. But they confess that they are praying to Mary because they believe that Mary is more merciful than Jesus Christ.
    When I discussed with them in person, they were surprised to hear about the real Gospel which ccould change their lives. Actually such people returned to Jesus Christ and left Catholic and joined one of the Protestant churches.
    The more devout with Catholicism, the more pagan, the more hard-headed and stuborn against Words of God.

#110 Eliyahu, Jan 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  11. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Roman Catholics are very much honest when they strongly insist on these things:

1. their church is not built upon Jesus Christ, but the human tradition and the corruptible human being Peter ( though Peter Himself never endorsed this idea at all)

2. they are not going to the Heaven, but to the Purgatory which is the Roman Catholic version of HELL.

3. their god is the son of Mary, not the Creator of Universe and Mary

4. their Holy Father is Pope, not the Almighty God.
    So, their Holy Father died some time ago. Our Holy Father never dies!

5. In the Mass, they all the time ask their god to forgive their sins because they don't believe that their sins were already forgiven at the Cross when Jesus sacrificed Himself on behalf of us ONCE FOR ALL

They are very much honest, but don't know how to cure their diseases, sins, their miserable status.

#111 Eliyahu, Jan 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  12. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I don't think they claim this at all. Catholics, like Protestants, worship Jesus Christ as Lord.

No, it isn't. Purgatory is based on a belief from one of the Deoterocanonicals, and it's a place of purification so that someone can eventually get to heaven.

I don't agree with the idea, either, but at least call it what it is.

That's just a silly thing to say.

Another silly thing to say.

So in other church services, where confession is made and assurance of pardon offered, all of those Protestant churches are in error? Preposterous statement.

Yes, they do. The same way all of humanity cures their dieases, sins, and miserable status: faith in Jesus Christ.

If you're going to have issues with theology, have issues with the actual theology, not some garbled misrepresentation of the theology.

13. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you deny that Peter is the foundation of the Roman Church.
    Which one do you claim? I hope you have not two mouths.

How many million years it will take? do you know?
    Do you know that none of human efforts can satisfy the God's standards? That means nobody can get out of the Purgatory!
    So, you believe that you will go to the Purgatory, right?
    I will go to Heaven via Paradise directly as the Robber at the Cross went to Paradise.

Do you believe that Almsgiving and the prayer by your descendants can purify your sins and yourself?

YOu don't know nothing but the Blood of Jesus Christ can purify your sins and yourself!

Do you know "Mother of God" contradicts Trinity because,
    You may call Mary as Mother of God the Son and believe God the Father is God, then you deny Mary is Mother of God the Father.
    If God the Father is God, then why Mary cannot be Mother of God the Father while you claim Mary is Mother of God?
    By calling so, you are denying God the Father is God! Therefore you are not the Believer of God the Father. This is why God the Father hates the people who call Mary as Mother of God!
    The Word "God" appears in the Bible over 3,600 times. Among them only less than 10 times it indicates Jesus Christ, God the Son. In other words, Mother of God mostly means Mother of God the Father.
    Noboy in the Bible called Mary as Mother of God!

#113 Eliyahu, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  14. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You advocation for the paganism is silly.

15. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are in a status of lost lamb yet, because you don't understand that your sins were already forgiven at the Cross.
    None of the true Christian churches ask God to forgive their sins because they believe that all the sins were forgiven at the Cross already.
    Your argument confess that you don't believe this truth. So, you are still unbeliever, which is miserable.

Roman Catholic Priests always ask God to forgive the sins, then never brings the Gospel that such sins were already forgiven at the Cross and therefore we should give thanks for such fact. Do you know why they don't bring the truth that all the sins were forgiven at the Cross?
    If so, it will be ridiculous if in the next Mass they still ask God to forgive their sins.
    Mass is alsolutely based on the mess. You don't understand what is true Gospel, which is miserable.

Catholic paganism encounters the contradiction each other, then it reveals the miserable status honesly even though they try to hide it.

16. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    True - that is nonsense.

What they really think is that the idea of a "infallible Pope" is something the RCC made up in the 20th century. NO POPE ever said "I am now speaking infallibly and excathedra" yet the RCC MAKES UP the notion that when these (often wicked popes in the dark ages) Popes speak excathedra they speak infallibly.

The obvious problem is that many of the dark ages popes DID speak on doctrinal matters and even the good ones - did not preface with "by contrast to the line of wicked popes that preceed me -- I am a good pope and I now make an excathedra statement".

(BTW - when I speak of "wicked popes" I mean that from an RC POV - as THEY have published the topic - not from a protestant one)

In Christ,

Bob

17. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

Accusation of Tragic_Pizza:
    Where did Tragic_Pizza advocate paganism? This is just a bogus accusation because Tragic_Pizza
    1) will not indulge in the nastiness you are engaging in, and
    2) points out the falsity of your accusations?
    I do not see how disagreeing with someone must make me spitefully fabricate accusations against them. I believe Tragic_Pizza views the matter similarly.

Christians have an obligation to oppose sin. One sin is false accusation, which you are engaged in against Catholics. Tragic_Pizza is doing the duty of every Christian. :applause:

I see it coming my way already. Here come the stones my way too. :tonofbricks:

Matthew 5:11 "Blessed are ye when men shall revile you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake" (ASV) -- i.e. for doing in our lives in and out of church meeting what the Lord desires us to do.

#117 Darron Steele, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2007
  18. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

That is sad. You need to get out more. While
    1) I have met my share of nominal Catholics who do not really take their faith seriously, and
    2) they have their share of people who take the ceremonial actions and saying the right words seriously,
    I have met many Catholics whose lifestyles match the faith which Jesus Christ described at Matthew 7:20 "by their fruits ye shall know them" (ASV). Read the preceding sermon of Matthew 5-7 to understand what Jesus meant by "fruits" -- hint: it has nothing to do with worship-specific matters.

Is it possible that you believe that by being Catholic, that in itself by necessity excludes them from being "born again Christian"? If so, then that would be the reason for your statement.

19. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

What does "BORN AGAIN" mean to all of you? I keep on hearing that but I dont know what people's definition of that really is on here.

Claudia

20. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I would like to bring this to people's attention. If some believe that the Roman Catholic Church is what constitutes "Babylon" in the book of Revelation, then I would ask them to please consider that God calls people out of Babylon, but note that He calls them "MY PEOPLE".

Rv:18:4: And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

And so to entertain the idea that somehow Roman Catholics or even Christians who are involved without realizing it, in adopting various false doctrines of Roman Catholicism cannot possibly be devoted to God, is a wrong-headed notion.

God has His people in all denominations.

In fact, there are many Roman Catholics who are actually MORE devoted to God and more sincere than some Protestants are. We cannot judge the individuals.

Claudia