1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Post Tribulation Rapture position

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jun 18, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

:confused: Did you not read my post?
    If you'll check those posts referencing yowm', you will find that I stated that the context and modification of the Hebrew word determines it's usage. Specifically, when yowm' is used with a cardinal number, it has to mean a literal day. That, in the Hebrew writings, is unequivocal. Similar rules would apply with shabuwa', specifically that in reference to longer periods of time as influence by the context, it must mean "weeks of years." By the way, that's also the Hebrew name for the Feast of Weeks, which you might want to study carefully.
    Did I say it was explained in Daniel?

#81 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  2. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe carefull attention to that "about to come" is a major key in clearing up the picture. If you follow through consistently, appling the same observation to the other "about to come" verses you will also, IMO, end up outside of a futurist framework altogether.

But consistency requires that we allow the chips (that is, the verses) to fall where they may. But I have noticed that most Christians just cannot be this consistent. It hands them a very unsatisfactory conclusion.

#82 asterisktom, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  3. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Maybe I missed something. It seemed like you were saying the OT consistently uses it figuratively to describe a period of seven years instead of a literal week.

OK that's fine. I have no disagreements with that. I think you're missing my whole point. The point is that the most "literal" reading of "70 weeks" is 70 weeks - 490 days. I agree that it should be interpreted as years, but that means it is figurative and not literal. That's all I was getting at.

No but I've seen people try. I'll save the rest for the thread you start on this topic later.

Yes. That would be why I've moved from futurism to historcism and am sympathetic to partial-preterism in some texts.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Revmitchell is right.
    Well thought out theological positions held by a great segment of Christianity, and then attributed by you to "a mystic," don't need "a reasonable response," as he said.