1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Power To Go And Sin No More

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by plain_n_simple, Jul 26, 2015.

1. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Oh yeah, stop reading the bible on strictly literal terms, you'll begin to understand it's teachings much better.

Thanks for your ears.

Faith in selfless Unity through Good

2. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 14:6
    Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. "

You continue to assault the character of Jesus. There is no other capable of doing what he did.

3. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That funny. A guy who hasn't read the Bible, telling people how to read the Bible. You have no credibility in regards to interpretation of Scripture.

4. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Please, please understand that Jesus the Crist of Nazarene was teaching through example. His deciples learned from him, and followed his example to a lesser degree. It is a way of being. Our Bible and Christ both say this. We are not to worship Jesus as much as follow him.

I mean absolutely no disrespect towards any believers in the Word, Jesus Christ, or our God, Creation/ Creator.

Thank you again, for your ears.

5. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

I have read many ancient biblical texts. I currently read the New Testament, and Torah.
    It's safe to say, in my personal opinion, that I comprehend these biblical writings quite well, due to my lack of confusion while reading. Thank you.

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "discples" that you talk about who "followed his example" to a lesser degree also worshiped him - on more than one occasion.

But first,

Cornelius tried to worship Peter. Peter told him to stop that he (Peter) was only a man. (Acts)

John tried to worship the angel giving him the Revelation. The angel told him to stop – that he was just a fellow servant. (Revelation)

Jesus was worshiped in the Bible – more than once. And those who worshiped him were never stopped, never told to stop, or prevented from doing so.

• When Thomas saw the scars on Jesus, he proclaimed to Jesus in worship, “My LORD and my God!” Jesus didn’t negate that worship. John 20.
    • When the women met Jesus on their way to talk to the disciples and he greeted them, they fell at him feet and worshiped him. Jesus did not stop them. Matthew 28.
    • When the men in the boat saw Jesus walking on the water, they were terrified. When Jesus (and the very wet Peter) got into the boat with them, the Bible says that the disciples worshiped Jesus and proclaimed him to be the Son of God. Matthew 14.
    • When the Wise Men came to worship the child Jesus, they fell and worshiped him. God did not stop them. In fact God LED them there with the Star guiding them for that purpose!!
    • When Jesus went into Jerusalem prior to being crucified, the people met him, waving palm branches and crying “Hosanna to the Son of David!” Hosanna means “I beg you to save us!” And by calling Jesus the Son of David, they acknowledge the Messianic reference to Jesus as the Christ
    Now, tell me again that we are not to worship Jesus the Christ, and tell me why not and tell me according to the Scriptures.

#66 Scarlett O., Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  7. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

You are quite familiar with the New Testament. I however, am not. I have read in at least one place in the bible that Jesus instructed to not worship him, but God. I also recall parts that say specifically not to worship any earthly form of God as it will lead to misdirected pride. These passages are few and far between, and are generally slightly confusing to most as they are seam to refute what you have been taught. Your memory of the books far outshines mine. And with that, I ask that you post these things as you have posted your others. This may not happen. I will do my best, but it will no doubt, take some time. Thanks.

8. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

9. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Fate and Faith work beautifully together. Praise God.

10. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Mathew4:1-10

11. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I hate to say it, bud, but you are not proving that you understand things "quite well." In fact, you seem to be greatly confused, no matter how vehemently you claim not to be.

12. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

I feel that Zoara was the first real "church" of the Faith, and salvation of God. Indeed it was a refuge.

13. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Mathew 4:16

Testament that those who stand fast, through adversity will be the guides.

14. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Thesalonians3:1

It is a stance where when reality of life due to society, us too much to bear, reside alone to regain your sense of one.

This is important as it is related to Egyptian, and Buddhists faiths of old. These were partly the basis of the ability of the Jesus to be able to connect in one unity with existence itself, or creation itself. This, of course, Is a lesser form of God. Thank you.

Praise God.

15. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really sure what you mean by that. Here's the whole thing in context of verse 12-16.

Matthew is quoting Isaiah's prophecy in Isaiah 9:1-6 about the people in that area.

[1] They "sat in darkness". They suffered being "lightly esteemed by God" according to the Isaiah passage Matthew is quoting from and suffered much oppression from the Assyrians according to Isaiah and Old Testament history.

[2] They "have seen a great light and upon them...."L"ight has dawned". Isaiah went on to say that most famous of all prophecies about the Messiah that "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Matthew is saying in chapter 4 verse 16 that Jesus going to Galilee to minister there was a fulfillment of prophecy from Isaiah.

This says nothing about people enduring adversity guiding other people.

16. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    pops - do you just pull this out of your hat? I'd really like to know where you get this stuff.

This is a quote from the Apostle Paul to the church at Thessalonica telling that he desperately wanted to be there with them to help them. They were suffering from some persecutions, yet they remained faithful to Christ.

He was anxiety ridden about there welfare and when he "could stand it no more" decided to stop fighting to get there when he knew could not and to send Timothy instead.

Here's the whole quote, including the verse that you cited.

1 Thessalonians 2:17-20 - 3:1-3

Paul was not "residing alone" to regain his "sense of one".

He was residing in Athens after trying to get to that church in Thessalonica. He stopped trying and remained alone in Athens, but sent Timothy to help them.

This has nothing to do with Egypt, Bhudda, or a one-ness not is it the basis of Jesus being able to do anything.

"Alone" is not talking about solitude and regaining a connection to the universe.

17. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

He was in the direction of God. Doing God's work. In doing this it would have dealt as if it was the utmost importance because it was. However, even when one is nearly pure and straight in direction, there very fervor will eventually expend the physical body and minds stress limits. Upon reaching this point, in no way to his destination, he had to rest, and re center for the cause of God's will.

Thank you.

18. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Definitely not meaning alone in the Universe. Alone, Dom curruption in all forms.

19. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

So you're saying that Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, the Creator of all things (John 1), required philosophies from Egypt (a biblical representation of sin) and Buddhism (a false religion) to attain a connection with existence and creation? Your argument is flawed in oh-so-many ways.

Jesus is an eternal part of the Godhead. He is one of the three that bear record in Heaven. He is the Word that was in the beginning, and He is the creator of all things. He does not require man-made philosophies in order to be in connection with all things in existence.

Then again, if I'm reading you right, you are making the statement that Jesus Christ is a lesser form of God, which is outright heresy. He is God, just as the Father is God and just as the Holy Ghost is God. Who are you to come onto a Baptist forum and try to discredit the clear plain teaching of scripture.

20. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

You can take substitutionary death out of there as it was unknown until the 16th century.