1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The problem of 2 Kings 24:8 and 2 Chron 36:9

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by jonathan.borland, Apr 13, 2010.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote: Dr. Bob-
    And to give the glory of God and His Word to [any] man-made translation is the height of idolatry.

I am an idolator because I believe the KJV is the preserved word of God?

If you honor it aheada GOD.

Again, from Dr. Bob;

Quote:
    I believe that one of the most destructive and evil teaching in my lifetime has been a few "Baptists" accepted the Adventist Cult's premise that the AV (Anglican Version) is somehow "perfect" and "without error" and the "standard" for today.

So, I am promoting a destructive and evil teaching?

Yes, if you say the KJV is the ONLY valid English version out there, and that it's PERFECT. Several goofs in it have been discussed ad nauseam in this forum.

Quote: Dr. Bob-
    As to the rest of your argument- regardless of how you frame it, you do believe FOR A FACT that the KJV is the preserved, inerrant, and infallible word of God and you keep trying to prove it- in spite of the fact that you just said, "I cannot prove it...".

Well yes, I BELIEVE it is a fact. I can't prove it.

OF COURSE ya can't prove it cuz it's NOT TRUE.

I can't go back in time and bring back the apostle Paul and have him read the KJV and then tell you it is a perfect translation of what he said. I don't know where the original autographs are. Believing something is a fact is not the same as knowing something is a fact.

It's called........GUESSWORK!

There's not one quark of SCRIPTURE supporting KJVO, not even in the KJV itself. Therefore the KJVO doctrine is MAN-MADE & FALSE.

2. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

3. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! So every preacher who has a Bible has to first go through and determine which parts of it are God's Word and which parts he thinks don't belong? You need to restore God's Word? Do you people even listen to what you are saying? Poor little God is incapable of preserving His Word, but you are going to recover it for Him. And you guys accuse KJVO's of blasphemy, heresy, etc. Incredible.

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Preachers had been doing it for years until some of them got lazy and just decided to try to make everyone use the same Bible so they didn't HAVE to study.

30 years ago no one gasped and called a preacher a heretic if he said, "This word is better translated as..." or "This word or verse is not found in some manuscripts"- that was the mark of a man who knew and studied the evidence for himself rather than taking another person's word for it.

#64 Mexdeaf, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
  5. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

Well, you could just let others do the work for you and trust them implicitly, viz., follow the UBS GNT precisely, follow without exception the eclectic text Erasmus alone constructed, follow the KJV alone that many contributed to in the 16th/17th century, etc., or you yourself could seek to study and discriminate among all the documents God himself has preserved. You do believe it was God who preserved all these texts or at least allowed them to be preserved, don't you? We have thousands of biblical manuscripts with hundreds of thousands of differences, all preserved by God himself. So we better study to make sure we are expositing God's words and not the errors of copyists. That's all I'm saying.

Jonathan C. Borland