1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Prophet Obama on Trump's chance to win in 2016 ....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 12, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://news.yahoo.com/trump-wont-next-president-obama-230845957.html

Got to give him credit, both Obama and Trump. First of all, Obama forgot that the early pollsters and pundits did not give him a chance of becoming POTUS either, and Trump continues to chug along, defying the pundits who said October would see him slide out of contention. Oh wait! Maybe that was what they said about him in September, orr was it August?

There is one thing for sure ... conservative America is tired of politics as usual, which is why Trump, Carson, Fiorina and Cruz share the lion's share of the percentage of likes for 2016 GOP candidacy.

What are your thoughts on why Trump continues to lead 99% of the polls, well into October?

2. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

Being a Canadian and watching what is going on I am going to say that it has become a popularity contest. Trump is the most well known candidate. He is controversial and he gets people talking. He is somebody that people love to hate. Even if he is getting negative attention, people are listening to him.

#2 Sue-Ellen, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has tapped into the voter's anger with politics as usual. People like his blunt talk and his wealth and celebrity. But he's full of bluster and (until recently) didn't talk much like a politician. Aside from the immigration issue and taxing the wealthy, he has no specific policy proposals whatsoever.

Watch as a teenage girl asks him what to do about the $19 trillion national debt. When he once again identifies the problem offering no solution, the crowd gets on Trump and he lamely says he will eliminate the Department of Education and cut funding to the EPA. Yeah, those spending cuts are like spitting in the ocean.

Skip ahead to 20 second mark. BTW, Trump calls the debt, "the deficit", which of course it is not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

Donald Trump for presidency is totally like a big joke to me. I don't understand what people see in him. Probably because he's funny and it somehow makes people interested in him? Anyway, I really don't think he's suitable to be a president. Government should not be run like a business.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

Glad to see you agree with me RD2. Funny, but I thought I was in your Ignore List.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

I think politicians have become so far detached from the voters these days that love him or hate him, Trump will and is bringing a breath of fresh air into this campaign.

If he gets to the the Whitehouse or not is another matter but the further he gets down the line, the more he will start to change politics in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1