1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Purpose of God's Chosen

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, May 9, 2008.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

The purpose of the chosen of God is to show the world it isn't the one thing or the things God is not given to us through what God privides from the world to us that we are missing in our life, but what we are missing only God can give and He gives not from the world. There is nothing in this world that can fill this hole in us but God.

Is the purpose of the chosen of God to turn the world to God?

How is this statement wrong or right through the teaching of the scripture?

Does Adam and Eve teach us this?

#1 psalms109:31, May 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2008
  2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I am not sure I understand all that you are saying here. But I would say the purpose of the chosen of God is to make known the riches of His glory.

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted​d​ to destruction: 23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Romans 9:22-23 KJV

In other words we are chosen for the praise of His glory, which is the driving purpose of all God´s doings.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Some of the op is confusing. But the purpose of God's people(God's chosen) is to glorify God. Everything God does is for His glory, even save sinners.

4. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Something Missing

I wish I could communicate my heart question more clearly.

Look at Adam and Eve they had everthing in the garden, but one tree.

Were they still missing something in thier life that they had to turn to that tree?

We all our vessels of wrath and God shows His mercy and His glory through one vessel His Son in whom He was well pleased and those who are in Christ. In one vessel there is many vessels. Jesus being the head and we the body. The body of Jesus is what was chosen before the foundation of the world. They only one who can save us from this vessel of destruction is Jesus. Who can save us from this body of death praise be to Jesus. Anyone who thinks they are the vessel of mercy and stand by themselves is a fool. The vessels of mercy is those who are in Christ

Ephesians 1:11
    In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will

Do not think you was ever chosen when you were apart from Jesus. We were chosen in Christ not apart from Him. We are not a vessel of mercy apart from Jesus and never will be a vessel of mercy apart from Him

The purpose of the elect. If this is not our purpose give other scriputure that shows our purpose.

Matthew 5:16
    In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

1 Peter 2:11Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. 12Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

Matthew 28:19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Matthew 9:35Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

Mark 16:15He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Romans 11:13I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry 14in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in." 20Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

2 Corinthians 5:6So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

#4 psalms109:31, May 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2008