1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Quality of Online Classes

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by John of Japan, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd say, like any classroom experience (online or physically in a room), it all depends on the teacher as far as the rigor is concerned. I've done both and found them to be easy and challenging (both that is). I chalk it up to the teacher.

However, the format may enable rigor or discourage it. The mentality that online is easier perhaps prompts online teachers to step up their game thus giving the appearance that it is on par or even more rigorous than regular.

2. Siberian

Siberian New Member

Can you provide a link(s) to these studies?

3. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

4. reverist

reverist Member

For what it's worth, The Chronicle has, while endorsing online education in general, somewhat criticized the methodology and inherent limitations of the studies involved. Just my two cents. I, for one, am for online education, but I'm not willing to say the quality is necessarily better or worse.