1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

the "Quarantined" church: preventing contamination

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by vaspers, Mar 1, 2004.

1. vaspers

vaspers New Member

I feel that I have been granted, despite my utter unworthiness in my flesh for anything from God Most High, the following insight:

God allows dictatorial, cultish "pastors" to preside over brainwashed congregations, who refuse to hold him accountable, who do not allow questioning or expression of concerns...

...why? God keeps the phony, hypocritical "churchians" in this form of "Churchianity" to contain them and prevent them from contaminating the good, biblical, spiritually and morally sound congregations.

Any comments, anyone have an experience of seeing a "Quarantined" church, joining one innocently, then running in terror from its dictatorial controls and hatred of "selected sins" while ignoring or condoning other sins?

2. Tim

Tim New Member

Ah, but the dictatorships DO spread--through pastor's conferences, church seminaries, literature, etc.

If only they didn't!

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Vaspers - you are correct in evaluating the dangers of some of the churches and pastors. Thankfully, they are a minority, but are often big and fancy and growing and lots of "decisions". They LOOK like the real thing, but sadly are a sham.

Sadly, many good hard-working Christians are caught up in these churches. Many never see the light; others (like you, obviously wake up and RUN.

It is sad to see this abuse and hear of it from members on the BB. God bless you in your journey to NOT get bitter, but to grow through this experience.

4. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Vasper, Will you please define for me the definition of a pastor. What are his responsiblities, etc.?

Thanks

5. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Thanks for your edifying encouragement, Dr. Bob. I need to rejoice in being set free. I went to a new church last Sunday and will keep visiting and seeking a good church.

Jailminister: From Jesus' teachings on leadership and from "pastoral epistles"...

...a PASTOR is:

1. A servant to feed the flock the Rightly Divided Word of God

2. A shepherd to protect the flock from spiritual predators

3. An "example" to the flock, of obedience, faith, compassion, sobriety, seemly & non-corrupt communication, etc.

4. Practicer of true religion: care for sick, widows, orphans, the poor, the disabled, the downtrodden.

5. Warrior against false doctrine, thus: avoiding poison food for the flock.

6. Not a heavy drinker or given to violent temper

7. Not given to filthy lucre, not a mammonist, does not seek wealthy members and despise poor

That's a few things. Thanks for your interest.
    P.S. I like Richard Baxter's THE REFORMED PASTOR.

6. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Let me just say this, If a pastor really does what you say he should do, then most people will say that he is a dictator. The problem is that the average pastor just gets tired of doing the things you discribe and just start letting the people do what they want to do. If the pastor started doing the things you described again, in the average Baptist church, then he would be removed. It is sometime a very difficult thing to balance.

7. vaspers

vaspers New Member

When I say I recently resigned from a church whose "pastor" is cultishly dictatorial, I mean he reacted with violent temper and filthy language to merely asking some questions and expressing some concerns.

A "pastor" who declare he is not accountable to anyone, and the deacons are passively compliant with this bizarre situation, is a dangerous person, in light the many cults and fringe churches around today.

Any church can turn into a cult. No one is immune to such a disaster. Yet how many churchgoers can list the attributes of a cult leader, or describe the differences between influence and brainwashing? Or between education and mental coercion? Or accountability standards and divisive disruption?

"Divisive" is the war cry that dictatorial cultish leaders use against anyone who questions their lack of accountability...or their bizarre behavior in the house of the Lord, explicit descriptions of perverse acts, telling us what perverts do in bed, which we already know, things of that nature. He is on psychiatric medicine, may be abusing it and going to weird web sites.

I've never had to deal with this in a church. But I'm glad I escaped and am now free and peaceful and eager to find a good church.

Pastors may feel a bit defensive when hearing these things, but I have no intention to hurt their feelings. Just want to warn passive pew potatoes to pay attention to what's going on.

My "pastor"--I seriously doubt he is saved. Very concerned that he may be a false prophet wolf in sheep's clothing appearing as an angel of light. I repeat: I don't say this lightly or flippantly. I have never said this ever before.

[​IMG]

8. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

There are far too many dictatorial pastors out there. There is one thing for sure though, I see more on whacko preachers than I see on dictatorial churchmembers here on BB. In fact, I have seen very few. The pendulum swings both ways everybody.

Thanks ----Bart