1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Question Arminians Can't Answer

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Skandelon, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Sularis

Sularis Member

Ok larry - I sighed when I read your post

He is God is a poor answer for why He is sovereign

People claim Baal was god, some people claim Satan is really god

God is God because He's God ---- weeeeeeeee
    God is God because His attributes define who He is

I am not Larry - my attributes are different

2. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Seems odd that anyone would even suggest that the created can change anything about the creator. Can a pot, especially a cracked pot, change the potter?

"Because He is God" is right on reason! Especially when he says there is no other God!

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You sigh because you think something makes up God. God is God ... that is why he is sovereign. If he were not God, he would not be sovereign. Your answer is no different than mine is in reality. God is what his attributes are. He is sovereign because of who he is.

If you ask, What gives a king the right to do something, the answer is "he's the king." He does not have the right to do it because of his attributes or his nature. He has the right to do because he is the king.

Being God has certian perogatives. Sovereignty is one of them. If he were not God, he would not be sovereign

4. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Sularis,

I can tell that God has taught you more than a lot. At least for me, I appreciate the Biblical training that I was formally taught, but the best feeling is when the Holy Spirit teaches you directly, and that light comes shimmering into your soul.

'Why is God sovereign?' I don't know if you can find a chapter and verse for this answer, but He is sovereign because He is God and this is His perogative. Perhaps Romans 9:20 seems right for this question. Who are we the created beings to try to ask why God is sovereign, or loving or merciful or just.

'What makes Him sovereign?' His Divine nature wills what is in His Being. He is loving, merciful, sovereign and the God of pure and holy justice.

These questions exhaust my finite understanding.

5. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Pastor Larry,

I liked a lot and agreed with your post dated January 28---1:32 p.m.

Best regards,
    Ray