1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The question of Why?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Comrade, Aug 25, 2004.

1. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    If I got on here and said that the KJV is not the Word of God I would and should be corrected and disaplined. I would be required to repent and acknowledge my wrong statement. I believe Askjo needs to step up to the plate.

Bro Tony

If you did, then you would then at least be honest. Right now you are not being honest because you have all attacked the true word of God. The scriptures do not have errors. You all claim the scriptures have errors. In fact, you claim all versions have errors, and therefore you all have no scriptures by your own admission. God has said the scriptures cannot be broken. God has said the scriptures are inspired. God has said his words are pure words, etc. I would give you scriptural support for my claims, but some here have made it very obvious that this is not allowed here, only when they DEEM it is on topic. Never thought I would see the day where scriptural support for what one has said is snipped from a post. Don't worry, I won't be posting too much here anymore, FOR THIS VERY REASON. Snipping the scriptural support for what one has said is not only unacceptable to me, but very unbiblical.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    English Translations (like all translations) are man-made and have errors, doctrinal biases of the translators, word choices that are not the best, etc etc

Holy Scripture is God-breathed, without error, giving pure doctrine and perfectly chosen words.

A perfect translation without error and only pure doctrine and perfectly chosen words would entail that other ingredient - it MUST BE GOD-BREATHED.

To equate the two is folly or at least exhibiting lack of understanding of what exactly a translation is.

Or

It is a firm belief (sans Scriptural support) in the position that the Translation was somehow ALSO God-breathed.

3. michelle

michelle New Member

It is no more the true and perfect word of God than any other translation. You post the KJV as the kjB. The translators of the KJV had brains enough and guts enough to admit that they were translating a VERSION, which most KJVO's will not even admit that the VERSION is. They conclusively and EXCLUSIVELY call it the only Bible. Not true by any stretch of the imagination. If one cannot admit that the KJV is just that, another translation, then they are guilty of bibliolatry. They accuse those who use MV's of being Bible destroyers, so they are false accusers as well. As stated many times here, I'm not an apologist for the MV's, but I will not stand by while they are misrepresented and attacked (yes, I said ATTACKED) by KJVO's who seek to disparage other Christians faith, service to Christ, and salvation.

Granny Gumbo says:

You say you love this Bible, but yet, just go back & read all your post. I see an attack on me, on Michelle, and others here.

AVL1984 says:

Michelle refuses to answer questions posed to her, and comes off as an elitist know it all, tearing down others beliefs with unfounded accusations, implying that moderators of the forum and others are uneducated, unable to accept the truth, and is just basically disrespectful in her approach to anyone, and then signs her posts with "love in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour". With the intentional misrepresentation and elitist attitude she shows, and the disparaging remarks she makes, she has no love for the brethren. As far as you go, I don't believe many have a quarrel with you. You state that you believe the KJV is the preserved Word of God, and you chose to use that version only. I and many others here have no problem with that. We do have problems with intentional misrepresentations and questions about our faith in Christ, service, salvation and other things because some do not use the KJV exclusively or at all.

Granny Gumbo says:

Some have even been locked out. I've understood every word she's said & she's displayed a Christ-like attitude the whole time.

AVL says:

Some have been locked out because they refuse to stay on subject, trolling for reactionary purposes only, attacking anyone and everyone on anything. This is not Christ-like in the least, and they should be locked out for the benefit of us who would like real open, honest debate on subjects in a Christ-like manner.

This is only a portion of not only false accusations, but unrighteous judgement. Who is attacking who here?

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

4. michelle

michelle New Member

To equate the two is folly or at least exhibiting lack of understanding of what exactly a translation is.

Or

It is a firm belief (sans Scriptural support) in the position that the Translation was somehow ALSO God-breathed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

inspire: 1. to inhale 2. to stimulate or impel, as to some creative effort 3. to motivate as by divine influence 4. to arouse (a thought or feeling) in (someone) 5. to occasion or cause

God inspires a translation, and the scriptures from them are also therefore inspired under His providence. The scriptures declare the scriptures CANNOT BE BROKEN, and that the word of God is PURE, and that the scripture is INSPIRED. That the word of God is truth. I believe God, rather than you. I believe I have the scriptures. Do you?
    If you believe there is error in the scriptures, how then can you believe you have the scriptures to which is the word of truth?

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread is on page 5. Nothing new is bing discussed. It was begun with a flase accusation of attacks on a Bilbe version ans resulted in attacks on others versions.

Closed per new regulation.