1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The rapture

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Bro. Lee, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

2. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pastor Larry:

3. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Pastor Larry:

You ask if murders and thefts constitute peace and safety in any world I live in. Sorry, I am the wrong person to ask. You should ask the persons who live like Sodom and Gomorah is their country. The homosexual perverts, because they are blinded in their sin, aren't the least bothered by what is going on around.

Matthew 24:38-39 - "For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and THEY KNEW NOTHING about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

Then you say that, "...even the most deceived among us can recognize destruction, death, famine, and war."

If you and I were to recognize trouble for what it is, we would easily recognize it. However, WE (the saved) have a different way of thinking from THEY (the unsaved).

I'll point you back again to Revelations 9:20 which says, "The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; THEY DID NOT STOP worshipping demons, and idols of gold, silver, and bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk. NOR DID THEY REPENT of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Pastor Larry, you cannot compare our way of thinking with their demonic way of thinking.
    THEY KNOW that a big portion of mankind was already killed by plagues and all kinds of terrible stuff. They know. But what did they do about it? They did not repent, but they continued sinning! So theirs is a FALSE PEACE AND A FALSE SAFETY. They have very sick minds.

Now, about running to the mountains to hide and crying for the rocks to fall on them, yes, A LOT of people will also do that, because the tribulation will be a time of great distress.

A lot of people will continue sinning, and a lot of people will go on running scared. They will keep on running because there really is no peace and safety--it's a false peace, a false safety.

(Contextisimusitis is something I just coined. Maybe Webster will accept?)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pastor Larry:

This word sounds made up.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Temple:
    Thanks, Larry. You just described pretribulationism. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another tightly reasoned and clearly articulated response, devoid of Scripture.

Actually I described Horton's article with reference to this debate. However, since authorial intent means nothing to you, I suppose I could have been describing pretribulationism, or a vacation I hope to take, or the color of the moons surrounding Pluto, or who knows what. I guess the point is that you have taken my words from their context to make an (inaccurate) slam at pretribulationism (or what Paul would have called biblical eschatology). Since I can authoritatively tell you that I did not intend to talk about pretribulationism, it is inappropriate under normal use of language to twist them to make them such.

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: Pastor Larry ]

5. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Larry:

You don't have much of a sense of humor, do you? :rolleyes: