1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Real Christians...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Baptist in Richmond, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Did any of you see this article?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19692094/

My favorite part of the article:

Hmmmm........

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Yea this is the second thread on this. And the Pope is as lost as the day is long.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Actually, you do not know that. You are not God and cannot look into the human heart. One might say the pope is probably lost as the day is long.

The pope basically said all other denominations are lost. I have heard Baptists say all catholics and other denominations are lost. It is good that so many of us have such divine insight.

The truth is that there will be plenty of slots in hell to go around for all denominations, and that includes Baptist.

I would think common sense would dictate that those who believe an exclusive group of people are lost based on some man made division, that they themselves, have no understanding of the Gospel, and should take a hard, long look inward.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Hopefully this will be a return to the historical recognition that Protestants and Catholics do not believe the same thing, and that what they believe are mutually exclusive. In the post-Vatican II era, that was clouded over by people who wanted ecumenism. The Pope is finally making public again what the position of the RCC has always been.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

In a way the pope has done us a favor. The distinction is quite clear. The claim by some people that they know for sure whether a person or group of people are saved enough is another issue, and this nonsense shows a total lack of understanding of the Gospel. Just as the pope is literally out of his mind to say all are lost but his true church, so are those in our faith who say a particular type of Baptist is all that are saved, or this or that denomination, all are going to hell. There is plenty of room in hell for all who do not believe in Jesus Christ, and sure the Baptists will be well represented.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Actually I stand on a firm foundation which is the gospels. Anyone who relies on anything other than the shed blood of jesus Christ for their salvation is idolotrous and lost. Jesus is the only way. Period. And scripture is clear we will know them by their fruits. And I am sure you know the rest.

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I agree for the most part. I would disagree that there is no way we can tell whether or not someone is saved. We might not always be able to tell, but we can certainly tell some times, through the evidences of Scripture.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Good post, and I agree 100%.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, I am quite aware of the rest. Just as I do not believe in grouping people by man made divisions to heaven or hell, neither do I spend most of my time condeming entire denominations as a hobby. That time could be spent visting and telling others about the Gospel.

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Yea, i didnt group any people. I spoke directly to the Pope and him alone. You might want to go back and reread my post. I personally know saved Catholics.