1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The real Mr. Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Servent, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Servent

Servent Member

This is really scary!

Everyone of voting age should read these two books written
    by Obama. Don't buy them, get them from the library before they are
    removed from the shelves.

From Dreams of My Father: "I ceased to advertise my
    mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by
    doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

From Dreams of My Father : "I found a solace in nursing a
    pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about him
    that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

From Dreams of My Father: "It remained necessary to prove
    which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to
    strike out and name names."

From Dreams of My Father: "I never emulate white men and
    brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's
    image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the
    attributes I sought in myself: the attributes of Martin and Malcolm,
    DuBois and Mandela."

And FINALLY,
    From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should
    the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is a racist but this should most likely be posted in the Politics forum.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

we might do well to see these quotes in context.

We should never presuppose a particular brand or ideology on someone by cut and paste posts. Using ugly terms that demean has no place in a proper discussion. :)

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes we should never refer to Jeffry Dahmer as a murderer, or lets be sure and refrain from calling the KKK racists. Facts are facts and there is no context in which Obama's statements could prove to be anything other than what we currently see.

5. alatide

alatide New Member

I think it would be useful to look at what time in his life he said those things and what he is saying now. I can understand how difficult it must have been to grow up in America half white and half black and how early in his life he might have searched for his true identity and rebelled against his white ancestry in response to mistreatment. If he made that statement about Muslims within the last 3 years I would be concerned.

6. Servent

Servent Member

From a few day's ago Stupid white cops

7. Servent

Servent Member

A post-racial president?Thomas Sowell - Syndicated Columnist - 7/28/2009 9:25:00 AM[​IMG]

[​IMG]Many people hoped that the election of a black President of the United States would mark our entering a "post-racial" era, when we could finally put some ugly aspects of our history behind us.

That is quite understandable. But it takes two to tango. Those of us who want to see racism on its way out need to realize that others benefit greatly from crying racism. They benefit politically, financially, and socially.​

Barack Obama has been allied with such people for decades. He found it expedient to appeal to a wider electorate as a post-racial candidate, just as he has found it expedient to say a lot of other popular things -- about campaign finance, about transparency in government, about not rushing legislation through Congress without having it first posted on the Internet long enough to be studied -- all of which turned to be the direct opposite of what he actually did after getting elected.

Those who were shocked at President Obama's cheap shot at the Cambridge police for being "stupid" in arresting Henry Louis Gates must have been among those who let their wishes prevail over the obvious implications of Obama's 20 years of association with the Reverend Jeremiah Wright. Anyone who can believe that Obama did not understand what the racist rants of Jeremiah Wright meant can believe anything.

With race -- as with campaign finance, transparency and the rest -- Barack Obama knows what the public wants to hear and that is what he has said. But his policies as president have been the opposite of his rhetoric, with race as with other issues.

As a state senator in Illinois, Obama pushed the "racial profiling" issue, so it is hardly surprising that he jumped to the conclusion that a policeman was racial profiling when in fact the cop was investigating a report received from a neighbor that someone seemed to be breaking into the house that Professor Gates was renting in Cambridge.

For those who are interested in facts -- and these obviously do not include President Obama -- there has been a serious study of racial profiling in a book titled Are Cops Racist? by Heather MacDonald. Her analysis of the data shows how this issue has long been distorted beyond recognition by politics.

The racial profiling issue is a great vote-getter. And if it polarizes the society, that is a price that politicians are willing to pay in order to get votes. Academics who run black studies departments, as Professor Henry Louis Gates does, likewise have a vested interest in racial paranoia.

For "community organizers" as well, racial resentments are a stock in trade. President Obama's background as a community organizer has received far too little attention, though it should have been a high-alert warning that this was no post-racial figure.

What does a community organizer do? What he does not do is organize a community. What he organizes are the resentments and paranoia within a community, directing those feelings against other communities, from whom either benefits or revenge are to be gotten, using whatever rhetoric or tactics will accomplish that purpose.

To think that someone who has spent years promoting grievance and polarization was going to bring us all together as president is a triumph of wishful thinking over reality.

Not only Barack Obama's past, but his present, tells the same story. His appointment of an attorney general who called America "a nation of cowards" for not dialoguing about race was a foretaste of what to expect from Eric Holder.

[​IMG]The way Attorney General Holder has refused to prosecute young black thugs who gathered at a voting site with menacing clubs, in blatant violation of federal laws against intimidating voters, speaks louder than any words from him or his president.

President Obama's first nominee to the Supreme Court is, like Obama himself, someone with a background of years of affiliation with an organization dedicated to promoting racial resentments and a sense of racial entitlement.

An 18th century philosopher said, "When I speak I put on a mask. When I act I am forced to take it off." Barack Obama's mask slipped for a moment last week but he quickly recovered, with the help of the media. But we should never forget what we saw

8. alatide

alatide New Member

How many people were sent to jail after the voter intimidation and fraud in the 2000 and 2004 elections?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, October 3, 2004 by The Sunday Herald (Scotland)

New Investigation Uncovers More Racism, Voter Intimidation and Faulty Poll Machines
    By Neil Mackay

BLACK people intimidated at the polling booth. Voting machines that register ballots wrongly. Welcome to the disaster-waiting-to-happen that is the US presidential election of November 2004.

An investigation by the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People (NAACP) into voter intimidation recounts a catalogue of incidents designed to suppress the black vote.

In Kentucky, county Republican party chairman Jack Richardson said he wanted to put "voter challengers"; people who check that voters are who they say they are and are eligible to vote in predominantly Democratic precincts which have a large African-American population. Other Republicans called the plan "rogue and racist behaviour".

In Detroit, John Pappageorge, a Republican member of the House of Representatives, said: “If we do not suppress the Detroit vote, we're going to have a tough time in this election. Black people make up 83% of Detroit's population.

In Texas, students at a mainly black college called Prairie View A&M University were told by the district attorney that they were not allowed to vote as the college a voting address.

According to the NAACP, in 2003, in Philadelphia, "men with clipboards bearing official-looking insignias" were reportedly dispatched to African-American neighbourhoods.

There were 300 cars with the decals [logos] resembling those of federal agencies and the men were asking prospective voters for identification. In a post- election poll of 1000 African-American voters, 7% had encountered such efforts.

In Louisiana flyers were distributed in black neighbourhoods telling voters that if it was rainy they could vote the day after the election. In Maryland, flyers went up listing the wrong date for the election.

Other irregularities noted by the NAACP included Son Kinon, a South Carolina Republican in the House of Representatives, issuing a brochure to black voters which said the FBI would be checking to see if wanted felons were among voters. Kinon wrote: "This election is not worth going to jail [for]."
    The NAACP also says that poll workers have been seen "helping" voters fill in their ballots and telling them how to vote.

There are other concerns in addition to those raised by the NAACP. Most worrying is the fact that Palm Beach County in Florida, the state at the centre of the 2000 voting debacle, has spent £8 million on electronic touchscreen voting machines that don't work.

It is all horribly reminiscent of the 2000 vote with its endless recounts because of hanging chad votes which eventually had to be decided by the supreme court. Bush was handed the presidency even though he lost the popular vote.

In local elections in March 2002, former mayor of Boca Raton, Emil Danciu, finished third in the vote for a seat on the city council. He had led the poll by 17 points before the election. It turned out that when his supporters tried to vote for Danciu using the touchscreen, the machine registered a vote for an opponent. Cartridges containing vote totals from machines in his own precinct disappeared. Danciu sued for access to the machine's source code but was told it was a secret.

Two weeks after this, a mayoral election in the town of Wellington was decided by four votes. However, 78 votes hadn't registered on the computer. Then in January 2004, in Palm Beach during another election, 137 votes didn't register. The vote was won by just 12 votes.

The electronic voting machines were bought by Theresa LePore, who oversaw the Palm Beach election count in 2000. She did not lose her job after that disastrous count, even though she chose the butterfly ballot which led to Jewish Democratic voters accidentally voting for an anti-Jewish candidate. LePore will still be in charge in November.

Questions have also been raised about LePore's independence. A Democratic congressman in Palm Beach is suing LePore to get her to adopt a paper trail for vote recounts. He also paid for a college professor to run against LePore for election for her job as elections supervisor. LePore was championed by the Republican Party.

LePore ended up overseeing an election for her own job. On polling day, police surrounded the election centre saying there was a terrorist threat. Sarah Steiner, of the Palm Beach Coalition for Election Reform, said it was difficult for voters to find the alternative entrance.

Absentee ballots had their party affiliation printed on the return envelope, which could have allowed poll workers or postal staff to interfere with votes. LePore's opponent won by just 2%, even though LePore has been described as “one of the most hated politicians in the country.

In the Miami-Dade area of Florida, another electronic voting system, created by a firm linked to the Republicans, was equally disastrous. One precinct reported a 900% turnout and another showed just one ballot cast out of 1637 registered voters. The machines need to be left on all night to have any hope of working, creating an opportunity for voter fraud.
    In Florida, as in six other states – prisoners do not have voting rights restored on leaving prison. The American Civil Liberties Union says 600,000 people, many black, in Florida are disenfranchised in this way.

In other cases, 20% of people who registered to vote with the department of motor vehicles didn’t get their voting card. There have also been reports of absentee ballots being sold among Florida’s Cuban community for £10, and voter registration forms from black people have turned up in rubbish bins.

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

He proved he is a racist last week. I suspect though that he hates both black and white.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think we should see his real birth certificate.

11. alatide

alatide New Member

You alreadt have. I'd like to see McCain's birth certificate.

12. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good old omniscient snopes.

14. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

We all know how objective the NAACP is, and how they never slant their reports. :tongue3::smilewinkgrin: By the way when did folks in Florida start using English pounds to buy things.

15. OldRegular

Didn't you post this same old crab under one of your other monikers?

16. OldRegular

I think we should see yours, and Freedom's, and JustChristian's, and BaptistBeliever's.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    deleted by poster

#17 carpro, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2009
  18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Regardless of who you were in your past life, you are a troll in this one.