1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Real News Behind Santorum, is What We Should be Concerned Over...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Apr 10, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By now you all know that Santorum has ended his run for POTUS.

SEE:http://www.chron.com/news/article/Santorum-suspends-GOP-presidential-campaign-3471789.php

However, the real news is not in his quitting the race, but rather the reason behind his decision (his daughter and family) to withdraw. This took tremendous love and commitment to family, and I, for one, think a lot of anyone who puts their family before anything. That is as important as putting God before everything.

Rick Santorum has his priorities in the right place (a great quality for the POTUS), and his presence in this race will be missed. Maybe we'll see him in 2016???

It is truly a time for all of us as believers, to prayerfully surround Rick and his family at this time of need. :praying:

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This year is a lost cause for the Republicans. Once again, even after 2008, they managed to nominate the worst possible quality of nominee. They are in a deep hole that they themselves have been digging since the 1988 election.

The best we can hope for is that this time, after the thrashing they are going to receive, is that it will finally get through their thick elephant heads that a Constitutional conservative is the only way to win. If they are quick learners, it will be apparant in the 2016 nominee. They had plenty of opportunity to learn from 2008, but they did not. It is almost like a mentality that since Romney was second that year, that he deserves the first spot this year. The party and the country is going to pay a big price for that thinking in the form of a second Obama term.

3. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Do you think that if he was leading in the delegate count that he would quit?

I think not!

I feel and pray for him, his family and his daughter, but I am not fooled by the drama involved in his withdrawl.

Instead of just admitting that Romney has defeated him, he is using his daughter's illness as his excuse for conceding.

And yes, I support him for POTUS, but that doesnt change the fact of what he is doing now,

John

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

As in

Chris Christy!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: But according to some on talk radio----even Ronald Reagan wouldn't be able to unseat "O"

5. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

I would love to agree with this, but I feel there may be too many Constitutionally ignorant (or apathetic) folks among our dumbed-down electorate for such a candidate to win. (The "progressives" in the education system and media have done their jobs well).

6. billwald

billwald New Member

>However, the real news is not in his quitting the race, but rather the reason behind his decision (his daughter and family) to withdraw. This took tremendous love and commitment to family, and I, for one, think a lot of anyone who puts their family before anything.

This will be his campaign schlock in four years. He could have won if not for putting his family first.