1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Real Story on our Economy

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jan 12, 2008.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Glenn Beck interviews David Walker, Controller General of the United States.

There is a reference to Ron Paul being the only candidate who understands the crisis and its causes. Ron Paul's solution won't be painless because there is no painless solution. But at least he'll get us going to a real solution, and do so quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-16u9x3tfE

SOURCE

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Poncho,

Because you and Glenn has attached Ron Paul to this, as someone that might be able to get us out of this mess, no one will listen.

It's very sad news to hear that our great country is headed down this path and the polticans don't want to talk about it.

We should all start learning Japanese or Chinese as that will be who owns us sooner or later if we don't fix this mess our country is in.

Jamie

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You may be right. I don't expect anybody to listen till they can no longer afford to drive their minvans or watch tv. But this way they can't say they weren't warned ahead of time. Strange isn't it? Ron Paul seems to be the only guy out there telling us the truth but we won't listen. I Reckon we just prefer lies that make us feel comfortable and blameless.

Why not join the R3VOLUTION before learning another language and try to save this great country? C'mon on over there's plenty of room! :smilewinkgrin:

Fears About Economy Increase

Major banks and mortgage companies yesterday sharply accelerated an industry consolidation that is set to change the landscape of American lending, while a convergence of events exposed fresh worries about the U.S. economy.

SOURCE

Consolidating the power of the fiat money machine to keep us all safe an warm, how nice.

#3 poncho, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2008
  4. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

Poncho I found the link to treasury's list of debt held by foregn gov'ts
    www.treas.gov/press/releases/hp437.htm 15,556 billion total up from the 9.5 when I last checked. That means it is now 15 and a half TRILLION DOLLARS!!

They had this well hidden.......

#4 betterthanideserve, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2008
  5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I'm already on board! Ron Paul is my man!

Jamie