1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The reign of amillenial theology

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Daniel David, Dec 23, 2004.

1. trailblazer

trailblazer New Member

(a continuation of the above thought) [​IMG]

I love the examples of Noah and Lot, but especially of the parallel account of Luke 17 because Jesus is there indicating more clearly than anywhere else that the historical events of the past pictures of judgment, separation, punishment and “removal of the righteous” occurred on the same day because he says it three times for emphasis. Then he proceeds to give us pictures of the types of separation, as you say above, concerning those in the fields, as our examples that will occur when He appears in the clouds on the last day!
    I HUMBLY SUBMIT THAT YOU MUST RETHINK YOUR POSITION BECAUSE OUR GOING THROUGH THE TRIBULATION DOES NOT MEAN THAT GOD’S WRATH HAS BEEN POURED OUT –YET!

(RESPONSE TO WATCHMAN’S LAST POST)

Now, this is the portion of your last post that I would like to address as this answers the other points in it also.
    I agree with this as I went into it in the previous post today. I also listed all of the uses of the word “tribulation” on my original lengthy response and showed where each use of that word indicated that it is the church that endures all of them. I also included the more serious use of the “Great Tribulation.”
    I guess I just don’t get your confusion of the words “those days” because they obviously refer to “those days of the great tribulation.” It’s the period of time that God allots for it. In Noah’s time it was 120 years.

Now, what about the “Great Tribulation” in Revelations? You say the “believers” don’t go through the Great Tribulation in Revelations? Well, then you have to exclude these verses in Revelation then.
    Now, I think even you would agree that only martyrs have the right to wear the “white robes” would you not? And would you also agree that this verse is saying that there will be more coming up until the full number of the “elect” is complete?

Next is Rev. 7:9-17 but only to the references of “the white robed saints.”
    Now, who has“clean white robes?” All those who came out of the “great tribulation.” But let’s go further and look at the last reference to those saints wearing white robes.
    In order to be entitled to wear those white robes, we must be prepared to go through any tribulation – whether that is Great or small. Gill has this to say about those who come out of the Great Tribulation. I can’t say it better than this.
    But as far as “ not caring what anybody else, like Gill or M. Henry says or thinks, I think it is wise to take under serious consideration what the prevailing thought by the most well respected scholars was prior to the new thought that entered the end times church by John Nelson Darby. Why? - Because we are all disciples of someone. If the theory of dispensationalism is not God ordained, then it is “the Ten Commandments” of John Nelson Darby and he is your apostle, prophet and leader.

You say this as your conclusion; “I am a premill because it, scripturally, makes the most sense, the pieces fit.”[/quote]

But I say; Once again, we are not to “think first about what makes sense to us” in our faulty human minds and then go to scripture for verification of it. It is the first downfall of all faulty religions.

[​IMG]

2. trailblazer

trailblazer New Member

I believe that by using scripture, I was able to successfully address all of your main points by showing...

1) that the church does go through the Great Tribulation of Matt 24
    2) that the "white robed saints" of Rev 7:14 can be no one else but those who came out of the "Great Tribulation."
    3) that "the church cannot be shown to be raptured out" prior to the Great Tribulation based on Rev 7:14 alone if it is taken "literally."
    4) that God's elect, even though they go through the Great Tribulation, do not suffer God's wrath, punishment or condemnation.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Saint

Saint New Member

An interesting discussion indeed. Has anyone here read "Israelology: The Missing Link in Systematic Theology" by Arnold Fruchtenbaum, Ph.D.? It is a very thorough examination of just what is being discussed in this thread.

4. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Origen:
    http://www.ovrlnd.com/universalism/origen.html

Which says (in part)
    "He denied the historicity of critical sections of Scripture; he taught the preexistence of the soul and universalism (the belief that all will eventually be saved) and denied that Jesus was raised from the dead in a physical body."

Your man amills!

5. trailblazer

trailblazer New Member

WATCHMAN

I don't agree with one micro-fragment of what Origen believes! Therefore, I am not in any manner, shape or form a disciple of Origen - if he even believed what you say he does.

Now, back to Matt 24 & white robed saints of Revelations?

My beliefs are taken from scripture as I have shown above.

:D

6. trailblazer

trailblazer New Member

WATCHMAN,

Found something of interest for you on that website you posted.

[​IMG]

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has reached 20 pages which is the maximum allowed by BB policy.

Thank you all for participating.

Thread closed.