1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Reprobate Calvinist

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by vooks, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is what I actually said repeatedly even...."...... I have repeatedly asked for an orthodox quote of someone explaining that being born again and Spirit indwelling are two separate things and none has come forth."

I never said you simply did not post anything. Let's stick with the facts.

None of TC's postings said any such thing concerning this issue of explaining the two are different. They speak about regeneration, but nothing on being born-again is not Spirit indwelling. I asked for quotes if it did and none came forth. You posted literature for me to look up. I ask you to post a quote from something and you have not.

You and TC have declared the two are different, it is up to you to provide evidence the orthodox church has always maintained being born again is NOT the Spirit indwelling.

2. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Who is lying? John Piper?

If I am lying then post a quote, a paragraph even, from what you have posted showing an orthodox position that being born again is NOT the Spirit indwelling as myself and John Piper believe it is. I read your post, I don't see it. If I am wrong, quote from your post and prove me wrong. I could very well be wrong, but you have to put forth something that shows Piper and I am wrong. It could very well be orthodox, I am saying I never heard of it so show me.

Not sure what the CME church is...

3. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You asked if I have found any literature regarding these points...
    I then post those things here...
    However, you respond with...
    And now you say...
    Here's the facts...it seems (as TC pointed out) that you have a problem with dishonesty. For that you would owe an apology. Anyone can read (yes read) that I have no problem responding to you regarding this topic of regeneration. However you're conduct during the course of this is unacceptable and such conduct is not worth my time. I do look forward to engaging in this topic with you but not before some type of recant regarding your comments about me not providing you with what you've asked for.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wrong. I responded with ......"post a quote from an orthodox source explaining born again is NOT the Spirit indwelling."

I am not going to do your research for you to find an orthadoxy quote that will support your pov. That is on you. I did my own research to support my pov and found John Piper and John MacArthur so far, two distinguished Calvinist scholars who do not agree with you on this point, but agree with me. I was looking into RC Sproul but his teachings seem to be a pay for view.

5. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The research isn't for me...I'm well read and educated in what I'm talking about. I can tell you haven't actually been to seminary or have any significant formal education since you have a problem researching views that oppose yours. Researching opposing points of views is what makes good research, thesis papers, and one knowledgeable enough to defend their view...all of which you know nothing about.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did my research. I looked up two very well known Calvinist and posted their sermons. These "scholarly seminary" men find your position of born again and the Spirit indwelling being separate false. Now you would say they are not "good" Calvinist, but I think they know Calvinism inside and out.

7. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't do any research...you actually don't know how to do research. What you posted from MacArthur and Piper is out of context and actually not what they said. These men I have actually met. One lectured at my seminary. You lie again by saying that they find my position false like you've asked them. By two or three witnesses let every word be established and it has been established my more than three here on BB that you have a problem with prevarication.

• Like Like x 2
  8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Aren't you making yourself look foolish? I posted word for word what they said and took it straight from their own websites. Saying it is out of context is just disparation on your part.

9. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm making myself look foolish?? Maybe by trying to have an intellectual conversation with someone as uneducated as you. Yeah you posted something you clearly don't understand word for word lol. I now understand why you have problems with reading comprehension...you don't even know how to spell desperation. Laugh

• Like Like x 1
  10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some time after 1:30 pm Pacific Time this thread will be closed.

11. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.