1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Resurrected body of Christ WAS and IS "FLESH"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Aug 28, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

1. It is the DEAD body that was raised up:

1 Cor. 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
    17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins

The context is the resurrection of THE BODY!

2. It WAS flesh when it came out of the grave:

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

3. It IS flesh in heaven right now:

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

"This Same" Jesus had been handled and observed by them since Luke 24:39 and for 40 days until they saw "THIS SAME" Jesus ascend into heaven and it is the "MAN" Christ Jesus now in Heaven:

1 Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, for God the Son in the Incarnation put on human flesh and dwelt among us, and he will forever been both fully God/man, God in Human flesh!

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Now Jesus is stuck in a physical body. He gave up his omnipresence for our benefit.

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is hard to understand, much less explain, but He still has all of His God attributes going on even now!

5. billwald

billwald New Member

But you understand it, right?

6. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Bill, how long have you been on this forum????? He did not give up his omni-anything! Deity never changed. The humanity never became deity. The two natures never merged where he was neither fully God or fully man.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

Jesus was omnipresent when in his human body on earth? He could have been seen in multiple places at the same time?

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO, for he limited Himself to being found as a Human being, One who had BOTH the nature of God and sinless man residing within him!

Kenosis, Jesus took on the limitations of the Flesh to dwell and die among us!