1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The "right" bible translation

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Priscilla Ann, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Michael52

Michael52 Member

The first Bible I ever read cover-to-cover was the NIV. All the KJVO rhetoric ("demonic", "new age", "dangerous", etc) guff motivated me to read other translations to see if I were "going wrong." Well, I found out for myself, I was OK. The NIV is a good, though not a "formal", translation.

We use the KJV in our church. I've almost read it cover-to-cover (its a little harder).

For my own personal use I prefer the NASB, NKJV and ESV. With some combination of these, I can make sure I know what the KJV is saying. Of course, if the KJV was easier to understand, it would probably be everyones favorite. The words just "flow" effortlessly off your tongue like a song.

If I had to choose one, it would be the ESV. It is almost as formal and accurate as the NASB, and is in many places more literal. The ESV and the NKJV are the closest to the literary quality of the KJV. A Bible version that is accurate, understandable and enjoyable to read is a blessing.

2. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

Marcia:

Thank you so much for the links you suggested. I look forward to using them!

PA

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

You're welcome! Happy Reading! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

The Satan never exist?

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

How do you draw that accusation from Michael's post?

6. Askjo

Askjo New Member

The lies changed the modern world.

7. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

The lies changed the modern world. </font>[/QUOTE]What???

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

What lies are you talking about Askjo?

Michael was saying (from what I see) that KJVO rhetoric that all MVs were "demonic, new age, and dangerous" are what drove him to look into the MVs and that after that investifationhe has found them helpful to his study.

To deny that MV are New Age or demonic is not to deny the New Age or demons exist. There is no logic in your argument.

9. Michael52

Michael52 Member

Yes, that's what I was trying to say, but you said it better - thanks C4K. [​IMG]

Demons certainly do exist. If we allow them, they may lead us into all manner of strange doctrines. Thankfully, if we diligently, humbly and sincerely seek the truth, we may find it.