1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The RIGHT reason for coming to America; and the wrong reason!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Dec 29, 2015.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You have any proof that his ancestors did that, or you just spouting at the mouth again?

Assuming that all Americans had ancestors here during that time period just makes you look plain foolish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Consider the source. I've been accused of being a baby killer, rapist , and arsonist by our Secretary Of State. Who cares what an internet troll has to say?

3. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right or wrong. As they say America is the land of the free and the home of the brave. Not perfect but the best country out here. No other countries are perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The current presidential administration is doing everything it can to "fundamentally" change that.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Another one who is just upset that the current Presidential Administration isn't rolling over and letting the radicalized right do whatever it wants.[​IMG]

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone has mistaken the SPLC for a church.

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have known you for a long time ..... ans semantics is one of your strongest suits! You know all too well what I mean by total assimilation. I would not want anyone to forsake their customs and traditions, just to replace them, priority wise, with American traditions and customs!

Maybe you've been living abroad way tooooo long!

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Now that makes sense. That would have been a much fairer way to approach in issue. That is not total assimilation, but reasonable assimilationist and that is right and proper.

Although I never know quite what to do when Ireland plays to US in soccer :)

That is what any reasonable person does. While everyone knows that I am American, as an Irish citizen I would not be a very popular guy if I raised a big Stars and Stripes and played loud patriotic music on the 4th of July.

Now, everyone loves coming on Thanksgiving night for tea and desserts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Righteousdude- Again I ask, since you have not answered the question yet, do you consider those with dual citizenship real Americans?

10. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The former immigrants with the gold are not interested in sharing their gold with more immigrants.

We have a immorality dilemma folks--it is related to our total depravity. A controlling part of the body politic believe it is ok to kill unborn babies--it is now freedom of choice, not murder. This immorality permeates our society from the bedroom to the white house. Coca and marijuana are controlling our society.

Then there is Coca-Cola, without the kick of course. We are a nation controlled by substance abuse--legal and illegal. This is not a new phenomenon. Check out the national mindset during prohibition and the morality of the 1920's. PBS recently did a good documentary. This kind of mindset still controls our society.

Off the soapbox: We still may have the rest of today to repent and do the first works. Tomorrow may not arrive.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll bet they do. ;)

Do you ever serve traditional Thanksgiving fare like turkey and dressing...or better yet, Texas Style Thanksgiving with smoked brisket, ranch style beans, mashed taters and roasted corn on the cob????

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

We do (traditional)- but for family and 2-3 really close Irish friends. We have an open house dessert in the evening for friends, neighbours, church folks, and about anyone who wants to come.

13. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is "an American" and where is it formally defined? In the Declaration of Independence? In the Constitution or the Bill of Rights? Whose standards and beliefs must be accepted? I always believed that the central tenet of America was freedom. That just doesn't match up with requiring someone to be exactly like the "standard American."

• Like Like x 1
  14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I like this and think it is a fair question. How does one 'live as an American' in a nation of such diversity?

15. matt wade

Bases on the the original poster's history, I would suspect it involves speaking without an accent, not looking like a foreigner, and eating hot dogs.

16. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Totally uncalled for!!
    This kind of crap is slowly killing this board.:(:(:(

17. matt wade

I, on the other hand, think that folks putting politics before God is killing this board pretty quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, thought that I would still be waiting two days later...

19. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it's also killing Christ's Church. No man can serve two masters.

20. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My wife's family didn't come to America to assimilate. They came here seeking freedom and fleeing communism. With them, they brought their faith, language, food and culture. They were very grateful to become Americans. Over time and generations, there is an assimilation. Our children are more "American" than their mother; she is more "American" than her parents.

Still not sure if we have "totally assimilated" or not. Spanish is often spoken at our home. Thankfully, our children are bilingual. We celebrate both Christmas Day and Noche Buena. More often than not, we are eating rice and black beans, not potatoes and green beans. And I strongly prefer a cafecito compared to bland American coffee.

• Like Like x 2