1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Ron Paul Record

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by TomVols, Jul 7, 2007.

1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes I believe you would.

His voting record, whether constitutional issues or not, seem to come down on the liberal side, and seem pro abortion, for flag desecration, against parental control. In short, he should be a hard one for a conservative Christian to support, without a tremendous amount of explaining.

George Allen for resurrection.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Truth!!!

Abraham's disobedience to God, using Hagar to bear Ishmael, who began a line of wild descendants that will war with Abraham's lawful descendants.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) And I am proudly right there with him. :thumbs:

2) That statement has lots of credibility from an alleged conservative such as you who has stated that he could see himself voting for a self-proclaimed
    pro-abortion candidate - Rudy Giuliani. :)

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Old ronnie is a full blown lib. No doubt about that.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Timmy, then so am I - and proudly so. :)

6. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    Libertarian, That is!... Ya'll come back now ya hear.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Rocko, there are people on this board who use the word "liberal" as a slur so often they are like the people who have used the words "racist" or "anti-Semite" so often as slurs that the words no longer have meaning. They become basically meaningly cuss words

8. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Yes, certainly aware of that.
    Put Ron Paul on the liberal scale though and he just won't weigh in as heavy as a lot of the the other candidates. If some beilieve, I mean truely believe that Ron Paul is a liberal then all else is hopeless. We have been waiting for a candiate with morals and integrity and when one appears he quickly gets rejected. Honestly I sometimes wonder if people really know what they want.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pretty much whatever the "mainstream" media(FoxNews, CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, etc.) tells them they should want.

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Ken, as I've said, I don't think our foreign policy has helped, but even if we sat at home twiddling our collective thumbs, Muslim extremists would hate us. Doesn't take a long look at Western history to see that.

I know that the vocal Paulites are going to question anyone who doesn't support him, but be fair. I cannot speak for everyone, but I'm pro-life, and many of us who are pro-life are going to object to those whose voting record is suspiciously not pro-life, regardless of whether that person is Dem, GOP, Lib, whatever.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/life-and-liberty

Does his voting record match his platform? I think not. Just my opinion.

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Hey Ken, have you seen the town hall where Ron Paul said he would possibly support Chuck Hagel or Dennis Kucinich if he were not running for President? The video is on You Tube.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I heard him say that a few months ago. I like both of those fellas but while I could possibly vote for Hagel for president I don't think I would do so for Kucinich even though I like his position on Bush's Folly in Iraq.

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Ever notice how Kucinich is always clammoring to get to the aisle to have his picture taken with Bush at the State of the Union? I like Kucinich. He likes to stir stuff up - much like Paul :) Of course, Kucinich is mild this time around compared to Gravel (who, btw, supports the Fair Tax).