1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Rude Sunday Sunday Crowd At Restaurants

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Herald

Herald New Member

Judith, you do have choices that do not require a tip. McDonald's, Chick-fil-A, the buffet line at Wegmans etc.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :applause:

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your forgetting Arbys (check for coupons in the Sunday Paper) & Wendies......Then there is always a nice grilled cheese @ home.

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Judith, it's a free country, eat wherever you want too.

6. preacher4truth

Sure Judith, allow the entitlement of living in a 'free country' to over-ride Biblical sense and Christian responsibility. :rolleyes:

7. Herald

Herald New Member

I can only speak for myself. If I could not afford to give a tip I would not eat at a restaurant where the servers make their living off of tips. IMHO it is beyond rude.

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Second to that "notion".

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what's my father got to do with this ? my father's been dead for 40 years. lol.
    what, you miffed so much that somebody has the guts to defend other Christians from other Christians who like to join Christian bashers that you can't get your comprehension right ?

Oh, you woulda bashed his head in, maybe used him to sweep the floor of the entire restaurant ? and you're accusing me of being full of me just because I refuse to join your "holier-than-thou" attitude towards a brother in Christ ?
    Did I even ever say that they didn't do anything wrong ?
    I didn't say they didn't do anything wrong. What I said was nobody knows the entire story. Do you know why those folks were crappy ? Do you know who they were ? Do you know ANYTHING about them other than what they were being portrayed to you ? So as far as you are concerned, they DESERVED being made to wait, or to be late for wherever they're going, or for the lady to have whatever it was that was spilled on her ?

And were they always Christians every time ? Do you know they were ? so now who's full of bull.

Liar. You don't know that for a fact. You HEARD about it. And even if they did, was the argument always and mainly on account of they do not want to wait at the tables because it's Sunday and the Christians are coming ?

Nothing wrong with my attitude. I will take the side of my brethren against any member of the Christian bashing public, and against any Christian who likes to bash other Christians.

By the way, did you notice how the sounds of everybody and everything else in that restaurant did not seem to carry to that very sensitive microphone but those of the bad mannered Christian couple did ? and isn't it curious that the lady complained of having waited too long for somebody to serve them immediately after being seated, and how the manager appeared quickly on the scene? To me that smells of editing.
    And why are surveillance tapes of a restaurant in the possession of whoever posted this video ? surveillance tapes that do not have date and time stamps on them ? and why did the scene switch from the family and the manager getting chummy-chummy to a stock room to show the "maltreated" waitress muttering "hypocrite" under her breath ?

In my estimation, this wasn't a real surveillance tape, and I've been doubtful from early on that this actually happened. You all were quick to attack Christians because you probably hear nothing but sermons on how AWFUL Christians are, and it goes against your grain to even think that Christians can actually be kind to those who wait on tables, or that life and events in this fallen world can actually affect their manners and relationships to those around them.
    It might seem far fetched but I think that if this was even an actual surveillance tape in a real restaurant it had been edited to highlight how Christians are inconsiderate, and deserve to be unattended in restaurants.
    And you were quick to gleefully jump on the bandwagon.
    No, you are the one who need an attitude adjustment because you're the one so full of your "Christian and compassionate" self.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. salzer mtn

Yes Judith if you eat you had better leave a big tip as I was talking to a ex waitress one time about this tip thing and she said they got wise to who the small or no tippers were and the next time they came to eat they would spit in their food before they served it to them.

12. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said I disagree. Any tipping I give is because of service, or lack there of and no tip, not because I feel sorry for them or obligated to make up what the employer is lacking in.
    Also I do not agree that the Church crowd is rude. While it may happen on some individual bases it is not hw the OP presented it as being common place.

13. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are wrong. No place requires a tip uness they automatically take it out with the bill and I do not frequent those places.

14. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

15. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a risk we take when we eat food we did not cook ourselves no matter how "classy" the restaurant looks or what they say about themselves. There will always be the loose bolt nutheads who do things just because they feel like doing them, not necessarily because a customer is a bad tipper.
    On the other hand, the number of decent servers, I think, are more than the indecent ones, and they act as deterrent to actions like the one you described.

16. preacher4truth

Now you're dodging your intent to purposely go out to eat knowing that you cannot tip yet eating out anyhow. I'd say you're the type that looks for any reason to not tip. That's a bad witness on your part.

If you can't afford to tip then you can't afford to eat out either. Go home and eat instead where you can afford it and where you can't be a bad witness to others. :wavey:

17. salzer mtn

This thread is stagnated in self righteous pride that surfaces to many times on this board. It reminds me of the Pharisee that thanked God he was not like other men. A Pharisee will pick out a so called sin in someone else and condemn that person to hell. Never mind what the Pharisee is guilty of.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Do everyone a favor and eat at home.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This post is pure bull. The Pharisees are the folks in the clip holding hands and praying to the Lord. That is what reminds me of the story you cited above. You need to reexamine your idea of a Christ like life vs a Pharisee life.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And good enough for them.