1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Rules of War

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Aug 16, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

No they do not participate in the murder, but the great majority of Muslims watch the murder on their TV news and applaud the murder of Americans.

Stating that anti-Americans are not American is a Freedom of Speech that Americans can and (IMHO) should practice.

Hate mongering would be filming the murder of 3,000 muslim women and children and applauding as the evening news showed the great Satan's people being slaughtered.

2. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

"Peace will come when they love their children more than they hate us."

So true.

Let us love our children more, also. Hating them will only prolong things.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

True as well ...

4. billwald

billwald New Member

We have met the enemy and they are us

The threat is caused by open borders and 60 years of an American imperialism which attempts to impose our will on the rest of the world.

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No such creature as American Muslim, means exactly the same as no such creature as an American Communist in the sense of patriotism. He may be American, black, red, white, brown, or yellow American, but when he becomes a card carrying member of the communist party he is bound by the party's goal which is internationalism.
    In the same way I would say there is no such creature as a Filipino communist. The communist of whatever nationality is a communist first, second, and last.
    So is the Muslim.
    He, whatever nationality he is, is Muslim first, second, and last.
    He is bound by the tenets of his religion, which is basically a warlike, thieving, lying religion.
    In America he may be called a "moderate", but he is nothing more than a potential threat because his religion demands the "conversion" of all infidels, or the cleansing of infidels thru their death for the glory of Islam and Allah.
    Consider that American who was born here, converted to Islam, and then fought side by side with Afghan muslims against his own people.
    Or those young men and women who were either born British nationals or naturalized as such.
    It didn't matter that they pledged allegiance to Her Majesty, in the end Islam was the priority. Kill infidels was the battle cry.
    Somebody mentioned about US imperialism.
    While it is true that the United States is an imperialist country and asserts its presence in most countries where it is not welcome, the fact is that even if the USA becomes isolationist, withdraws all its troops and brings them home, the enemies of this country will find other excuses.
    Israel is one.
    This country's own culture is another.
    To the Muslim, shiite, sunni, and everything else in between, Western culture is degenerate, immoral, and decadent, and is an affront to their religions "values".
    I had a Muslim co-worker, and he did not know what I felt about Muslims, and because we came from the same region, Southeast Asia, he felt comfortable with me.
    He trained me on the job and I rode with him in his truck, and everytime we passed American teenagers with their short shorts and bare midriffs and the "cheeks" of their you know what peeking and showing in their shorts, or American teenage males with their weird hairdo's and heavily tattoed bodies, he would smirk and point and say, "those are America's hope", and then laugh with dripping sarcasm.
    There will always be an excuse to fight America, or Israel.
    That's their way of life.
    You can defend them all you want, Daisy, and you can be sarcastic all you want, I don't care.
    A Muslim is a Muslim is a Muslim. That's the way I think about them.

An American soldier assigned to Jolo, south of my country, during the turn of the 20th century, coined the phrase, "A good Muslim, is a dead Muslim".

If I knew you were Muslim, and radical, no way am I gonna walk with you behind me.

6. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

No. But the example I gave is valid and specific and is the basis for some of my views.

7. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

S0 you don't believe that if a person grows up without a father in a ghetto surrounded by atheists they're not more likely to become a criminal than if they grow up in a solid Christian home in a suburban environment? I don't agree with you.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Preach it brothers!

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most of the time, you would be right.

However, there are exceptions. Sometimes, despite the best efforts of Godly parents, one of their offspring will be evil and act on it.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope! Not for one minute. This is a fallacy. More people become law abiding citizens in these situations than not. People do what they want to do. Poor behavior reveals poor character not poor circumstances.

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

That is true . . .

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That is something you just made up. What do you know what a majority of Muslims do?

Moslems are not necessarily anti-American - especially the ones who are American citizens.

Yes, that would also be.

13. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

That is a bold mis-truth.

Watch the middle east news . . . they applauded when the news was reported about 9-11 . . .

14. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

That was the 2003 celebration.

http://www.rwnetwork.net/Article184.html

15. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Do I believe that there are moderate muslims? Yes

Do I believe that they are the majority? nope.

16. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

17. Daisy

Daisy New Member

You're flat-out wrong. There are a lot more American Muslims than American Communists, but they both exist (although a concerted effort was made to wipe out the Communists, I don't think anyone cares anymore).

That is demonstrably false.
    Warlike? Have you ever read the old Testament, which the Koran seems to have cribbed from?

As with Christians, there are many and varied sects and different people favor different parts of their Holy Books. Many Moslems, like many Christians, are not observant.

Such bloody nonsense.
    That American had fought with the Afghan Muslims before it was illegal to have done so. The same year he was capture the Bush administration provided $43 million in aid to the Taliban government(linkie) - so who aided them more? There was no evidence that he knew 9/11 was coming or that he fought against Americans - he did fight against the Indians and the Northern Alliance. That is one American out of how many?
    I don't know much about them, but I do know that they are a tiny minority of the British Pakistani community.

Was it the infidels or the British? Was it political or religious?
    I don't know about that, but how do you think that Pakistanis came to be British citizens?

We deny being imperialist.
    It is.
    There is less in between Shi'iites and Sunnis than other than - they are hardly opposites of all the sects. Sunnis, except for the Wahabis, tend to be far more open to Western ways. The Sufis just are not militant. I get the feeling you don't know much about the different sects or what influence the various cultures have on the expression of the religion.
    A lot of American/Western culture is decadent. Are you proud of MTV culture? Does your heart go pitterpat with pride when you see nearly naked girls and tatoo-covered boys on the streets?

Some of them, yes, just as you will always find an excuse to hate all of them, no matter who they are.
    You can be as bigotted and hateful as you want. My husband's family are Moslem as are a good many of his friends. I can tell you that I know from experience (and common sense) that you are simply wrong. A Muslim is a person - some people are good, some evil, most are some of both.

Hardly original - that's bastardized from "Indian", meaning Native American - but useful when you want to de-humanize an entire population.

I feel the same about radicals of any stripe, including those who express extreme intolerance for others.

18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

A few did - for many it was more of a David and Goliath thing than anti-Americanism.

Most were horrified and stunned. We had the cooperation of nearly all Moslem countries when we bombed the smithereens out of wartorn Afghanistan.

It wasn't until we invaded Iraq that anti-American sentiment ballooned. This is the basis of the huge grudge I have against Bush and his cohorts.

19. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

You hold a grudge against the President of the United States of America? That makes you an enemy of the President of the US, our people and our way of life.

Surely you were just joking . . .

Or are you on the side that CNN describes . . . Bin Ladenism.

David and Goliath is an apt description - we are 300 plus million against 1.5 billion . . . 5 to 1. Goliath is it? I am glad that you have found your place in the world.

And I pray that God will once again vanquish the goliath of this world and of satan. I pray that America will be zealous for God as David was - and I especially pray that we do not adulterate ourselves as he did.

20. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

In Baghdad the differences appears to be fatal as Muslims kill Muslims. Sectarian fighting has the appearance of continuing. That is a great loss.

You do view it from a different perspective. My first encounter with Islam was a Sunday school classmate who married a Palestinian in 1961; my second was Hafeez, an Iranian I dated in college.

It appears that rather than looking for solutions, the majority of us continue to pick at sore spots, knowing what "buttons" to push to get a rise.

How helpful could it be to post good remembrances, specific examples of productive, peaceful changes. I've erased several analogies just because I thought of what specific posters would do with them. Somewhat stifling, I find.

May the Lord bless and keep each one of us and may we continue to look for ways to express His love in our lives.