1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Russians are Coming, The Russians are...Here?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Nov 25, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Way back before the RNC and DNC I wrote about the Russians coming to the Gulf of Mexico to hold war games with President Hoogoooo Chavez. However, it seemed that everyone was so engrossed with the rhetoric of the Promised One and his campaign, that this major event was merely overlooked, as was the war between Russia and Georgia.

I did not understand then, nor do I understand now, why the McCain campaign did nothing to hype up, ramp up, and make this a major talking point throughout the campaign**. It is about to become a major event, in fact it could become another "Bay of Pigs", and it is just now getting attention.

This isn't all, the news gets even better. The Ruskies are planning, with the approval of Cuba, to slant drill into the Gulf for oil. Oil that is ours. There is also talk that China may join in with this Russian plan to drill.

But all is NOT lost America, the Hollywood Crowd, who don't want us to drill off shore, could mount up and picket these drilling sites with the help of Green Peace, of course. Maybe the celebrities from Hollywood will get in the boats with the Green Peace folks, and get sunk by the Russian navy? There is a more peaceful way to stop Russia. because the liberal rock stars for Obama could get involved and raise money to legally get the ACLU to ban this off shore drilling. As for the media, they can get involved too. It would be great to see the kingpins of of Obama's campaign come together to stop the Russians. NBC, CNN, and MSNBC could provide hours of interesting television time, interviewing the Russians, the Cubans, and the Venezuelans.

I for one, never doubted Biden when he warned the crowds that his new boss would encounter a major test within the first six months of his presidency. Things are shaping up, and it may be an exciting year, if the fear of war excites you all?

The masses of those who voted for Obama will see the error of their ways rather quickly, let's just pray it doesn't cost us a drop of American blood a war on our own soil.

**IMHO, I am beginning to think that McCain really didn't want to win this thing, and it may be why there were SO many gaffes throughout his campaign.

Shalom, and pray for peace,

Pastor Paul:type:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

Surely you don't believe half of the right-wing silliness you post in this forum.

But you are entertaining. :)

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Thanks for the Compliment, Brother!

I try hard to entertain you all with the truth, as I see it....Also, I heard that the Board gives out something like an Oscar each year to those who entertainingly entertain those on the board. I hope you vote for me, it sounds as though you like my writings???:laugh:

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You got my vote. :thumbs: :)

5. Enoch

Enoch New Member

I have been following this as well.

This was pushed under the rug as far as the general public was concerned due to the economic crisis and the Obama adulation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081126/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_venezuela_russia_13
    Here is some past information from another thread for those who are interested.
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=53902&highlight=peter+great

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was one of Russia's reactions to our progressing of placing missiles in Poland and the huge radar system in the Czech Republic. The one that Bush claims is to defend us from terrorists missiles. [I find that hard to believe also ... terrorist ICBMs.] This all began before the conventions this summer.

If you remember last summer, before Obama the conventions Putin as he protested this project of ours saying something like, "We will have respond. We have friends in your part of the world."

And so Bush has succeeded in beginning the Cold War all over again. After all, how would we react if Russia were putting missiles in Canada, "to protect them from terrorist missiles."

We received an e-mail from the US embassy in Prague yesterday telling us, and all Americans to stay away from the area where the embassy is located the next two days as there will be large Czech protests to the proposed radar system.

7. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Wow…These kinds of remarks make it unbearable to take you seriously regarding political discussions.

8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not invent the remark. I read it in several articles last summer.

Here are some headline and links you might like to check:

This has been in the press a lot. I am surprised you have not see anything about this issue.

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bush Did Another Boo-boo

I don't believe Bush did anything to rekindle a "Cold War." Russia has been looming in the shadows for a long time, just waiting for the West, or America to do something, anything, so they could say they were provoked. This is the same old Russia that is assisting Iran to build their nuclear plants in an effort to get the material needed for their first atomic bomb. This is the same Russia that has protested as their one time slave states became democratic and joined NATO.

As for the missiles in Poland , that is needed to keep the Iranians at "check" because they could hit our allies with short range missiles, and it is part of our responsibilities to NATO to protect these nations. Don't forget, Bush has kept terrorist from spilling American blood on American soil for over 7 years now. If he did nothing else to write home to mom about, I'd say that that would be more than adequate.

Read the Word, CTB, and you will see that it is not the Polish missile bases that awaken the Bear from the North. They are awake and quietly waiting to be released by God to charge into Israel and be defeated at Armageddon along with China, and Iran, and possibly Iraq [under the leadership of Iran, after Obama pulls US troops out] who will be over run by Iranian troops the same day our choppers fly the last American out of the American Embassey in Iraq.

The Cold War never ended, it simply went into "cold storage". Bible prophesy can't be stopped, even Reagan wasn't that great. When Gog and Magog are released to head south, nothing will stop them until they reach Armageddon. Then and only then will the Ruskies and China, and some of the radical Islamic states, feel the full wrath of God.

As the hymn says: "What a day, glorious day, that will be!!!":praying:

Shalom, and Maranatha [come Lord Jesus, come!],

10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Is America still free? Do we still have the right to think and talk the way we wish. Reading your posts I would say if we are still free you'd like to see that change. Ideally everyone would speak perfectly politically correct speech and think exactly the same way you do. Am I right? Then we wouldn't have any communists or Nazi's in the form of democrats. It would be your perfect country. Well, it's not the America our founders intended and it's not the country I believe in. This epidemic against freedom must and will be stopped. Whose side do you think Patrick Henry would have been on?

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What does this have to do with Obama?

12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You Tell Me???

Why does everything I write on this forum have to do with Obama? I was clear when I wrote, that my concern is the return of mother Russia's return to power and it's world wide "muscle flexing tour."

Have a blessed Thanksgiving JC...

13. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Everything you post here doesn't have to be about Obama but it mostly is. This is from your first post.

I for one, never doubted Biden when he warned the crowds that his new boss would encounter a major test within the first six months of his presidency. Things are shaping up, and it may be an exciting year, if the fear of war excites you all?

The masses of those who voted for Obama will see the error of their ways rather quickly, let's just pray it doesn't cost us a drop of American blood a war on our own soil.

So who is this about?

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It Has to Do With Russia

It is about Russia; the failure of McCain to make this a talking point throughout the campaign; the fact that the media his this potential for war from the American public during the campaigns; that his may be the incident that Biden was talking about; that Russia is in our back yard, the first time since the Bay of Pigs.

Why don't you take your pick and run with it. I don't think I can add any more to this. It's like telling a joke to a group of people, and one knucklehead stands and says, "I don't get!" Well, if you have to explain the punch line, it is a story not worth repeating.:BangHead:

Hope this sheds a little light on the post for your my brother....

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Bush is still Potus, what is he doing about this? If this is the test Biden spoke of, it is Bush position to respond.

You say Russia was looking for a reason to do this. I believe this was provoked and is in resp to the shield Bush wants to build in Europe. No matter how you view it, we knew the peace we had with Russia was fragile so why didn't Bush work with Russia more in explaining his reason for the shield?

16. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If You Believe....

If you believe Bush and his team, this was discussed with Russia, and they continued to object. In fact, they were against Reagan's plan for Star Wars. They help Iran build the nuclear plants that could equip them with the material to make a bomb, and they complain when we protect our NATO members with a version od Star Wars.

You see it as a Bush problem, I see it as a Ruskie problem. Instead of beating our heads against the wall on this, let's agree to disagree and wait and see if this is the Bay of Pigs, Part Duex?

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Well, India is on the radar for now so I don't expect to see much on this making the news. I hope no new Bay of Pigs but who knows.

However, I understood the nuclear material used in reactors like power plants was no where close to being usable as weapons grade.

18. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

There does seem to be much new which should be published but isn't by our news media.... and your right: It seems to be left up to us to ferret out and publish on boards such as this.

I agree with most of your statement. As for the involvement of Greenpeace or the Hollywood hypes.... it would amuse me to see them acting more pro-American for a change..... what a novel idea that is! (I wont project my own prognostics on such an event occurring..... which would surprise and delight me if it did.)

Hal Lindsey has an interesting article pertaining to Russia:
    Continued here
    or reached here: http://www.hallindsey.com/

The substitute of sensationalism for real news and personalities for investigative journalism, is succeeding in distracting all but a relative few from the dangers setting up in our present world..... dangers which show a consistency and interconnection which suggest strongly that there is a sinister design to make war and commit genocide..... like the world has never experienced before.

We must keep looking up and trusting Him who is the author and finisher of our faith ....... and occupy til he comes.
    Blessings to you, brother!