1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE SABBATH POLL

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, May 6, 2006.

?
  1. The Law is abolished and so the Sabbath no longer needs to be kept

25.0%
  2. We need to keep the Law of God but the Sabbath doesnt matter

30.0%
  3. The Law of God still applies and so does the Sabbath but it is Sunday

45.0%
  4. The Law of God still applies to us today and so does the 7th Day Sabbath

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here Christ points to the "MAKING" of Both His own HOly Memorial of Creation of all mankind AND HIS making of mankind.

Christ points out that the SEVENTH-day of Creation week "where we see the seventh-day made HOLY, sanctified, blessed" FOLLOWS the MAKING of mankind (the 6th day) and shows that this was MADE as a blessing FOR MANKIND.

That is why we see that blessing continued in the New Earth (Is 66) "From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to worship"

In Christ,

Bob

2. wopik

wopik New Member

try again, please, gekko

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BTW - I see that at least 5 people here take the same view as D.L Moody - the Ten Commandments are valid AND so is the 4th. So you would think that we would see you guys on the Ten commandments threads AND as pro-Sabbath posters on the Sabbath topics (but just claiming that Sabbath is Sunday)

4. Mel30

Mel30 New Member

A snake in the grass!
    Dr. Sammuel got a golden medal from the pope of Rome for proving how the Roman Church combined paganism with Christianity which was prophesied by Daniel 7:25, that this change of the sabbath would happen.
    Discover the truth how the Roman Church change the sabbath to please the pagans from a student from Vatican city, a native from Rome,
    He is the first and the last non-Catholic student who have studied at the Vatican University in Rome in Vatican city..
    www.adventist.or.kr/ib/ct/view.html?no=104
    adventist.or.kr/satellite
    3abn.org in English
    Come out of Babylon! A mixture of truth and baptized paganism!
    God is NOT willing that any should perish,but that all should come to REPENTANCE!
    www.prophecycode.org, www.adventist.or.kr/satellite/, www.vop.or.kr, www.amazingfacts.org, www.3abn.org
    Catholic SAYS :
    “It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday. Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church.” Priest Brady, in an address, reported in the Elizabeth, NJ ‘News’ on March 18, 1903. See This Rock
    THE BAPTIST SAYS :
    Nowhere in the Scriptures is any mention made of transferring the Sabbath's sanctity to another day. Nowhere does the gospel of Christ nullify any portion of God's law, though the gates of hell have raged against it. It was only by hiding the change within a mass of pagan ritual and "baptizing" the whole lot, that Satan succeeded in causing the entire Christian world to break God's holy law while thinking to honor Him. Dr. Edward T. Hiscox, author of "The Baptist Manual,"
    Presbyterian says:
    "The Christian Sabbath (Sunday) is not in the Scriptures, and was not by the primitive church called the Sabbath." Dwight's Theology, Vol. 14, p. 401.
    "A further argument for the perpetuity of the Sabbath we have in Matthew 24:20, Pray ye that your flight be not in the winter neither on the Sabbath day. But the final destruction of Jerusalem was after the Christian dispensation was fully set up (AD 70). Yet it is plainly implied in these words of the Lord that even then Christians were bound to strict observation of the Sabbath." Works of Jonathon Edwards, (Presby.) Vol. 4, p. 621.
    REPENT! REPENT! God is NOT willing that any should perish,but that all should come to REPENTANCE! BECAUSE OUR GOD shall come and
    depose, burn up, purify, this world of sin and sinners! THE BIBLE SAYS: Everyone is going to acknowledge Jesus as Lord! 'As surely as I
    live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God. [ Rom. 14:11 Isaiah 45:23] Phil.2:10.The bible says, when
    JESUS RETURN, MANY are going to acknowledge Jesus as Lord , But it will be too LATE, because the door of probation will be closed.
    [email protected]

[ May 07, 2006, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Dan Todd ]

5. wopik

wopik New Member

The LORD showed His people what day was the Sabbath: Exodus 16

Manna and Quail

21 Each morning everyone gathered as much as he needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away. 22 On the sixth day, they gathered twice as much—two omers for each person—and the leaders of the community came and reported this to Moses. 23 He said to them, "This is what the LORD commanded: 'Tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy Sabbath to the LORD. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.' "

24 So they saved it until morning, as Moses commanded, and it did not stink or get maggots in it. 25 "Eat it today," Moses said, "because today is a Sabbath to the LORD. You will not find any of it on the ground today. 26 Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will not be any."

6. gekko

gekko New Member

i agree with wopik... well... i agree with the word of God - but thanks to the holy spirit through...

anyways, like that verse there bigW.

(what did you mean when you said "try again, please, gekko" ??)

7. gekko

gekko New Member

oh by the way... i can't read anything other then english...

8. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Me too! I find Rev 14:12 to be really helpful in determining this one,

"Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus".

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It appears that the majority so far believe in the 10 commandments INCLUDING the 4th on this board so far (whether they have the 4th as Saturday or not).

Frankly I am quite shocked by that result! I would think that the downsized-9 or the dumped-10 would have been by far the most popular.

What is up with this? Where are the majority-Baptists?

In Christ,

Bob

10. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I want to address the "Sabbath is Sunday" group.

Are you saying "The Sabbath is Sunday as given by God in Gen 1-2:3" the seventh-day that was "made holy"?? (in other words - are you thinking that the discrepency is just that Jews think it is Saturday while Christians think it is Sunday?) -- If so -- do you think Christ rose on the "First day" or the "Seventh"?

OR are you saying that the "Sabbath commandment was CHANGED to be Sunday and is now the resurrection commandment and not a memorial of Creation"??

12. nate

nate New Member

It seems the SDA feel they are the only ones keeping Saturday as the Sabbath. Check this out:

Seventh Day Baptist

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I truthfully have never had a discussion on exactly when for we have always held Sunday as the Sabbath and early on the first day of the week He was gone when the sister got to His tomb. Will have to think on it for a while.

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I figured you also were a coward to answer the question. If not then answer it... if you went around the world west, starting at Jerusalem, at 15 degrees longitutde per day, would you continue keeping the first day when you returned to Jerusalem?

15. gekko

gekko New Member

nope.

God says the seventh day. period.

16. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

There are a few SDB's on the Baptist Board, I probably post the most though [​IMG]

There are a few Trinitarian Sabbath keeping groups around, the SDA is by far the largest. As well as the Seventh Day Baptists, there are Messianic Assemblies and there is a Brethren group that also keep the Sabbath.

There are many non Trinitarian churches that do claim to keep the Sabbath, usually either the splinter groups from Herbert Armstrongs Worldwide Church of God, then there are a series of groups who like to call themselves the Sacred Name movment - Assemblies of Yahweh or the True Jesus Church, I am unsure though of how many they number.

17. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Me too! I find Rev 14:12 to be really helpful in determining this one,

"Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus".
    </font>[/QUOTE]Hooray for you! I havent gone to see how many people have voted like you and me yet.. I need to go check.

But I am HAPPY you voted like me! [​IMG]

Claudia

18. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Oh, I dont know nate, the SDAs MIGHT realize there are other groups that are keeping the Sabbath.. its pretty shakey though...

**groan** :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

19. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Mel30 said:
    Then am I to am assume that you sacrificed the passover lamb this year?

20. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Then am I to am assume that you sacrificed the passover lamb this year? </font>[/QUOTE]Moderator's Note: According to the official BB Ploicy as established by the Webmaster:

[ May 09, 2006, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]