1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Saddest Day in History!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Cliff B, Nov 4, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Does this apply to your name-calling, or just the name-calling that others do?

Does hatred apply to your attitude toward President Bush, or did God not ordain that particular leader?

I look forward to the response...

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

America is not "God's people'. God's people share the land with vast numbers of lost people. It is their land too.

Somehow we have equated a prosperous and free America with God's blessing. Do we have any Bible basis for that.

God's people have always thrived and prospered under opposition. Perhaps, if all the doom and gloomers are right, This is how God is going to choose to bless His true people.

Maybe this should be our greatest day.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

First time since Reagan that I voted for a candidate who won. <G>

4. LaymansTermsPlease

Yeah, that was why I threw in the statement about Rome being so bad back in the day, and everythign working out alright. Definitely as Christ said, we'll be wheat among the tares till the end. The world hated Him and they'll hate us.

John 15:18-20
    I don't know how many times over the years I've wondered how much of a distraction and negative impact on my Christian walk results from all my "comforts" (you know....comfort as compared to most of the rest of the world...food, clean water, relative personal safety from violence, religious freedom, tiny bit of discretionary income).

But I certainly don't have a martyr complex...I surely don't "wish" for socailist/marxist opression, and will resist it as long as I have a voice in the political system.

However....His will be done, whatever happens :)

5. Cliff B

Cliff B New Member

Actually, no one in this thread has called Obama The "Anti-Christ". I referred to him as the most anti-christ president our nation has ever seen, which I believe he will prove himself to be. I hope he proves me wrong.