1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Same John??

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by saturneptune, Jun 11, 2013.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have read several articles (extra Biblical) that say John who wrote John, John 1, 2, 3 and Revelation are all different people. I had always read before that John, "the disciple Jesus loved" was the same John that wrote all five books. The thing that strikes me is the wording in the books being so similar.

Is there anyone out there who believes the author of these books are different persons?

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SAME writer for all the books!

based upon someone saying John the Elder was a seperate person, but peter calls himself an Elder also!

Were there 2 peters also?

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have always believed it to be the same person. I was wondering if you had read an article on the subject?

LOL, well I do not know of another Peter in the Bible, but there was Peter the Great and Peter Pan.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

5. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

If you read the three letters in Greek, it seems like the same guy could have written all of them. I think that guy was John.